• This topic has 51 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Has anyone ever voted in the European parliament elections?
  • fotorat
    Free Member

we could learn a lot from Bashar al-Assad and Putin I don’t see their states being bent over and raped by the EU like we do.

SaxonRider

we could learn a lot from Bashar al-Assad and Putin I don’t see their states being bent over and raped by the EU like we do.

Dafuq?!?

Yeah, we could learn a lot from murderous dictators in terms of how we deal with a liberal organisation that – if not perfect – has, at the very least, contributed to the maintenance of peace in Europe for six decades.

kimbers

fotorat

I know we’re not allowed to say brexiters are stupid, but…………

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was going with an invisible 😉 at the end of that one!!

But it’s a fantastic insight into how some people think the world works.

willard

I’ve voted in every election I can. If you have the option to, you have to exercise it. A lot of people do not have a choice in how they get their leaders*, we do. We have to make the most of it.

* leaders may be a generous term for some of them.

Moses

Yes, and for Uk MPs and council elections. Voting rights come with responsibilities to use the vote.

Sandwich

Almost every one since I have been legally allowed. (I missed the voting reform referendum due to not getting my act together).

Being from NI it’s hammered into you from a young age.

As Mrs Sandwich says, “vote early, vote often”!

inkster
    Free Member

” If you have the option to, you have to exercise it.”

No you don’t A few years back some areas of the UK were given the option to vote for their Police Commissioner and hardly any one bothered and the idea was scrapped.

This is my argument with European elections, not enough people vote in them to give them credibility. If an election has a really poor turn out it can’t be seen to be representative.

Totally aware the EU has presided over an unprecedented era of peace in Europe, It was the first thing that came into my mind when voting to remain. Do we need MEP’s to preserve the peace? What if our EU representatives were appointed in a similar way to the Civil Service? The work that needs to be done could be done without the need for unrepresentative elections.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or we could make the elections representative. Sounds like a simpler action and better than issuing appointments that do not reflect the will of any of the people.
    In reality the massive issues with the UK electoral system should be looked at first.

kimbers

What if our EU representatives were appointed in a similar way to the Civil Service

Unelected Eurocrats is a favourite bogeyman already.

Face it, we as a nation aren’t grown up enough to pool sovereignty for the greater good

neilthewheel

I’m very much looking forward to voting in the next European election!

Marin
    Free Member

Yes.
    Is fotorat very sarcastic or just an utterly stupid turd?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone ever voted in the European parliament elections?’ is closed to new replies.