Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Has anyone bought one of the MayMadness 20% off PlanetX bikes over the weekend?
  • Premier Icon igm

Decent deal if you know which of their bikes are the nicer ones.

Anyone?

Got a delivery date?

(They seem to have gone now)

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

Decent deal if you know which of their bikes are the nicer ones.

The prices were still higher than some of the offers in march and April.

If you are going to buy a px bike you really need to do your research. Nothing worse than buying a bike then seeing it cheaper a few days later.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Its been heavily slated on Facebook for upping the prices before the sale. As above, do your research.

Premier Icon uwe-r
    Free Member

I remember years ago they did a BOGOF. A free pompetamine with any bike you bought. If you bought a bike outside of this offer you would be pretty sick.

Premier Icon montgomery
    Free Member

Anyone got contact info for PX? I’ve had a Royal Mail parcel not arrived despite tracking saying it was delivered. Getting nowhere with Live Chat. First time I’ve had a problem with PX, hoping it doesn’t turn into one of ‘those’ retail experiences.

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

I think live chat is the only option.

They are cheap for a reason!

Premier Icon montgomery
    Free Member

Hmm, the replacement gear hanger I ordered wasn’t that cheap, but point taken.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon

RM arent getting signatures at the moment so if it says delivered it could be anywhere, although our postie does knock and check we’re in before signing.

Premier Icon montgomery
    Free Member

I’m a postie myself, I know exactly how screwed the system is…

Premier Icon igm

I didn’t see a Hurricane Ultegra cheaper than it was at the weekend.
    I had been looking.

Premier Icon funkmasterp

Prices seem way too high at the moment. I’m sure the drop bar Bootzipper was about £800 not so long ago. The prices are, dare I say it, normal. This is where they always go wrong in my opinion. When things are at a reasonable price it always looks like a ripoff.

Premier Icon montgomery
    Free Member

PX came through on the Live Chat, another satisfied customer…

Premier Icon jkomo

CRC Wiggle no better. A Vitus I bought would vary by £500 almost weekly. I got it not quite the cheapest but £200 off. I was happy at the price I paid.

Premier Icon mjsmke
    Free Member

I bought a Whippet in March for £1100, GX build. That was £100 off at the time. Now the SX build is £1200.

Premier Icon ginsterdrz
    Free Member

I didn’t see a Hurricane Ultegra cheaper than it was at the weekend.
    I had been looking

Have you done your research on Planet X Ti frames? Who makes them for PX at the moment? Which factory? Compared warranty?

It’s worth paying for a Ti frame from a named brand who ‘double pass’ the welds and can be depended upon to weld in a proper inert atmosphere.

Premier Icon TheGingerOne

My Plant X Ti Pro Road was made by Van Nicholas. Over 9 years old and still going strong.

My Tinbred was probably 5 years old when I sold it and was still going strong.

Are there known issues with the newer ti frames?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.