Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Has anyone been to Reunion island?
  • MSP

Saw a video of the grand raid ultra trail race the other day, and thought it looked stunning.

Thought that next year I might hike the route though rather than run the race, preferably camping wild, then get a few days diving, plus a couple of days just on the beach.

Anyone got any information on the place? Especially what is allowed for wild camping and the possibility of getting supplies on route?

MrSparkle

I have. I couldn’t believe it – all  my old school friends were there!

boxxer7
    Free Member

😂 ^that tickled

MSP

Well that’s put me right off, last people I want to meet is the **** wits I went to school with.

DrJ

MrsJ went once – for work (geology fieldwork) !!!  No idea about camping an’ stuff, but she enjoyed the food and apparently there were loads of French honeymooners there, make of that what you will.

markoc1984

We were tempted to go there for a few days on our honeymoon as we were going to Mauritius. It looks absolutely stunning.Some of the wildlife tours we looked into made it look like Jurassic Park, amazing.<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> It’s not as developed for tourists as Mauritius but is developing.  The waters are seriously shark infested though so swimming and surfing are banned by the government after so many fatal shark attacks, diving might be different.</span>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone been to Reunion island?’ is closed to new replies.