• This topic has 43 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Has anyone actually pre-ordered an O-O fat bike yet?
  • singlespeedstu

Any idea when frame and fork only will be available?

druidh
    Free Member

It never occurred to me that there would be a problem fitting a front mech. What’s the issue?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Could you not work it to combine the two …..take off front Mech leaving the mount for a chain device ??

Also would be nice to have cage mounts on the forks too …to take anything cages ……just saying like !!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JoeG
    Free Member

t never occurred to me that there would be a problem fitting a front mech. What’s the issue?

The reason that a front derailleur (FD) can be an issue is that the bottom bracket is 100mm wide, vs 68mm for most MTBs. One way to do it is with an e-type FD, which mounts behind the drive side flanged cup of an ISIS or cartridge bottom bracket. But the floater uses a Truvativ Howitzer BB, which looks like a hybrid of ISIS and external bearing. I have no experience with those, so only a guess on my part.

The other option is one of these but they’re not cheap.

Brant/Shaggy – so what would be needed to go 2x or 3x on the Fatty? I’m itching to get one, but think that I’d need a few lower gears for hill climbing.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone actually pre-ordered an O-O fat bike yet?’ is closed to new replies.