Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Has anybody repaired/upgraded a Tacx turbo trainer? Creaky bearing T2650
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Anyone swapped the bearings?

2 years use and 8K later and it’s creaky to start but quiets  later on when up to speed.

Reckon the bearings are nearly shot.

I’ve emailed Tacx just now, but their parts list is a whole new unit instead of a bearing:

<span style=”color: #555555; font-family: ‘Amazon Ember’, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>Tacx Resistance Unit Blue Matic, T2651 is probably the whole unit which is around £100?!</span>

Cheaper to buy a new one?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/tacx-blue-matic-t2650-smart-turbo-trainer

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

If its any use I have swapped 2 Tacx T2240 at Halfords after the bearing noise creaked at startup and I just got used to it. I couldn’t be arsed to return it for the 3rd time. Seems to be the norm with some of the Tacx range. I’ve just continued to use it without problem. You’re lucky its done 8k before the noise. Mine have been after 30 miles or so!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Wow I’m surprised others had this creak when it was new.

This unit was quiet but the friction was set too low by my Father.  We updated the old worn out Conti with a Tacx and tightened the turbo brake.

I will leave it for now and change it in Spring so my old man doesn’t lose his riding.

Just hope I can dismantle it and buy equivalent bearings.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

The parts cost more than the turbo trainer.

Taking apart but might just buy a Smart Flow for £165.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody repaired/upgraded a Tacx turbo trainer? Creaky bearing T2650’ is closed to new replies.