• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by cp.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Has anybody on here rooted a Samsung Tab 2 10.1?
  • johnners
    Free Member

What did you use? Any pitfalls? Notice any difference in performance?
    I just quite fancy getting rid of some of the stuff I don’t use, but which keeps nagging to be updated.

birky
    Free Member

No but I’m seriously considering it so I can try out different roms. Since the update to 4.2.2 mine has been useless 🙁

johnners
    Free Member

Mine works OK on 4.2.2, used for browsing, twitter, iPlayer and Netflix so there’s no big win to be had. I’m just feed up with being told that umpteen APS I don’t want anyway have updates awaiting approval. It all looks quite straightforward, which usually means I’ve missed something!

dlr

I agree Birky, mine is slower but worse, the battery life has nearly halved! Used to get a good week out of it with 8hrs screen time etc, now it will go flat in a few days with barely any use. “Google services” taking up most of the battery, might just try a factory reset but not sure if that will go back to an earlier version

birky
    Free Member

Plucked up the courage to give it a go and rooted my Tab and installed the Slimbean rom. Much improved 🙂

dlr

Old thread, my battery issues were as I had accidentally turned on location based wifi or something so it was powering that up all the time, back to decent battery life now! It’s getting on a bit but still works well, just wish it was a bit quicker when using browsers

cp

The Samsung 4.2.2 update was crap. Slow and horrible to use.

Mines now on cyanogenmod and it’s brilliant.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody on here rooted a Samsung Tab 2 10.1?’ is closed to new replies.