Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Has any one else noticed less travel in the warm weather?
  • daznal
    Free Member

Over the last month or so ive noticed that ive not been getting full travel from my 140mm revs.Checked the +ve and -ve pressures and they’ve not changed.I can only put it down to the warmer temps heating the +ve air under load and increasing the pressure.Any thoughts?

phiiiiil

I’ve generally found the opposite, as the oil gets warmer and thinner the damping reduces and I get more travel; conversely the suspension is stiffer in winter.

They don’t just need a service, do they?

daznal
    Free Member

Nope they were serviced at the begining of the year

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andrewh
    Free Member

I get hardly any travel on the front of the big bike when it’s really cold, needs to be at least 15deg for the forks to work properly and below about 5deg I get no travel at all.
    (RST HI5s, I think the elastomers go solid when they get chilly!)

D0NK

erm

Checked the +ve and -ve pressures and they’ve not changed.I can only put it down to the warmer temps heating the +ve air under load and increasing the pressure.Any thoughts?

yes, the pressures have not changed, so either you’re not hitting stuff as hard as usual or your forks do need a service.

edit – unless you are testing the pressure at night indoors when it’s cool and during the day out on the trails the higher temp is causing a pressure change

grim168
    Free Member

Mine went the other way. Bought bike 18 months ago had forks set up at lbs. Keep getting an over the bars feeling while out riding so bought a shock pump. Pressure was half what it should have been 😳

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has any one else noticed less travel in the warm weather?’ is closed to new replies.