Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • "harsh and it was brutal and it was cold, it was wet and it was terrifying….
  • scotroutes

… but we pulled through”

No, not a natural disaster or an epic tale of human survival on the edge but an experience of Glencoe in November 🙄

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-23970854#

Precious – much??

IanMunro
    Free Member

I liked the sentence immediate after the … but we pulled through”

“The filming in Glencoe involved closing a short section of the A82 for 10 minute periods.”

Epic!

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

Flippin softies!!

I could tell a few tales about how harsh Glencoe can get, but I’ve heard it’s improving all the time.

I’m just off for a manicure and a blow*** (dry)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    globalti
    Free Member

People who love the outdoors can fail to appreciate what a massive culture shock it is for city types to be dropped in the middle of Scotland. It’s big, empty, cold, inhospitable and there are no Costas.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

ahhh bless her little manicured cotton socks.

one of my favorites seems right: no such thing as bad weather, only poor clothing choice… or something.

atlaz
    Free Member

I saw her and Woody Allen making that Match Point monstrosity next to my office 8 or 9 years ago. They’re both midgets.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Sounds a lot like the first time I had sex.

peterfile
    Free Member

People who love the outdoors can fail to appreciate what a massive culture shock it is for city types to be dropped in the middle of Scotland. It’s big, empty, cold, inhospitable and there are no Costas.

Absolutely.

My best mate and his girlfriend are spending the New Year period with us in Shieldaig and Glencoe. His girlfriend has lived her whole life in San Diego and has never visited Scotland….she is actually really, really worried about being here over NY!

I originally booked them a nice, comfy campervan since i thought that would give her the best balance of warmth and mobility (we’ll be camping as usual), but even that was a no go.

When I started sending links to hotels, I don’t think many ticked the boxes of what would normally be expected of a hotel either.

Fortunately, my mate lost his patience and told her to WTFU 🙂

Drac

Sounds like Scotland to me.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Harsh, brutal, cold, wet and terrifying.

So she does remember meeting me in Glasgow 😀

rusty90
    Free Member

Mrs Rusty is dragging me up there for a weeks hill walking in October. Does this mean I will die, or be unable to buy a skinny latte with a vanilla shot, or both?

globalti
    Free Member

Absolutely.

My best mate and his girlfriend are spending the New Year period with us in Shieldaig and Glencoe. His girlfriend has lived her whole life in San Diego and has never visited Scotland….she is actually really, really worried about being here over NY!

I originally booked them a nice, comfy campervan since i thought that would give her the best balance of warmth and mobility (we’ll be camping as usual), but even that was a no go.

When I started sending links to hotels, I don’t think many ticked the boxes of what would normally be expected of a hotel either.

Fortunately, my mate lost his patience and told her to WTFU

Ha ha, you should see what happens to my American sister-in-law every time my brother brings her over for a visit – she HATES being in the UK, find the roads absolutely terrifying and moans constantly then has a nervous breakdown on the flight home and leaves my brother for a month to stay with her Mum. She’s as mad as a box of frogs, obviously.

tomhoward

PJM beat me to it….

BoardinBob

To be fair, I’ve seen some stills from the movie and I’m fairly certain she was in her birthday suit in a few of them. Wouldn’t fancy Glencoe in November in the scud!

BoardinBob

PJM beat me to it….

I assume you both fancied the same girl?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

The feature directed by London-born director Jonathan Glazer

Regardless, I’m in. Brilliant director. Check out some of his previous work here

Trailer for Under the Skin.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGDnbcq0BkU[/video]

Freakin amazin.

molgrips
    Free Member

My sister in law was nervous when driving on country roads so of course I was duty bound to take her down the narrowest ones I could find. That was a laugh.. especially seeing her face whenever something came the other way 🙂

My Father in law was quite insouciant at first.. after a few minutes he said ‘of course, these are one-way, aren’t they?’

I think they were un-used to having to concentrate on driving or having to rely on other people concentrating.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Drama queen acting in character.
    Luvvies are blessed with a sense of the overdramatic.

footflaps

Pah, driving in the UK has nothing on driving in Southern Italy, nearly had the hire car written off numerous times by coaches passing with less than 1″ at 60mph on the Amalfi Coast road…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘"harsh and it was brutal and it was cold, it was wet and it was terrifying….’ is closed to new replies.