Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Harrogate Road Cycling Routes
  • Bregante

This time next week I’ll be off to Harrogate for two weeks and will have most afternoons and evenings to myself.

I’m taking the road bike so hoping to get plenty of riding in on quiet roads. Any suggestions of circular routes of around 30-60 miles?

I’m comfortable with climbing but nothing too ridiculous as I’m still recovering from a knee injury.

GPX/TCX files also gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

More than you can shake a stick at! have a look here http://www.northyorkshirecycling.co.uk/

I am in Harrogate so could drum up something also look up Knaresborogh cycling club, friendly, welcome visitors and ride sunday mornings.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Here’s one for you, ducks. A pleasant pootle over quiet roads to Otley, then along the river Wharfe to Bolton Abbey, have tea and a scone in the Cavendish Pavilion, then up into the Storiths – gorgeous little roads, very quiet and pretty (and a bit bleak, if you like that sort of thing) then Greenhow Hill (of Tour de France and Tour de Yorkshire fame) and a – ahem – “thrilling” descent into Pateley Bridge, a short drag up Hebden Bank then an easy 10 miles back into Harrogate, sit back, light your pipe and admire your handiwork.

I think you can download the gpx from the Strava page.

Bregante

Cheers for that. I’d looked at the Knaresborough site but should have mentioned that I’ll be home at weekends. I’ve done Greenhow Hill on the Way of The Roses a few years back. I’d like to ride some of the stuff around Pateley Bridge and Brimham Rocks again so that’s on the list.

Cheers

nammynake
    Free Member

I think Prologue cafe have group rides during the week and weekend

http://prologuecycling.co.uk

Bregante

Excellent. Bookmarked that site as there’s a few options that look good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Harrogate Road Cycling Routes’ is closed to new replies.