Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hardtail on C2W – help me choose!
  • themilo
    Free Member

As title really.  Budgetary constraints coupled with a rather restrictive scheme have left me looking either at the Orbea Alma H50 29er or the Polygon Xtrada 6 29er.

Polygon ive no experience of but has 1 x 11 and is the cheaper option.  SR forks though and not very good ones.

Orbea has Rock Shox 30 air and 2 x 10.

Neither is likely to see much in the way of gnar but i’ll go to all the main South Wales spots on occasion in a bimbley fashion.

Any opinions please?

Ta

dai3015
    Free Member

I’ve just been through this with a halfords voucher – what about a Genesis Tarn 10? Comes with rigid forks as standard but these could be upgraded later perhaps? Nice frame, plus tyres and 1×10

themilo
    Free Member

Cheers dai,

Unfortunately the only Genesis available to me are the Core 20 and 30.  I actually did look at the 20 but they’re both out of stock until at least September.

bri-72

Why is the scheme so restrictive? What scheme is it?

matt_outandabout

Ignore the scheme?

I had much, much more choice. My marin was a much larger discount than the tax savings. I popped it on 0% credit card, paid off over 6mths, cashbacked on Quidco too…

701arvn
    Free Member

Sonder Transmitter, Alpkit do pass on the fee though.

themilo
    Free Member

Bri72 – good shout actually. Having questioned it, I don’t HAVE to buy though cyclescheme directly so I do now have more options but still have to use “approved” shops. Looks like I’ll be taking some trips to the lbs this weekend

Thanks all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail on C2W – help me choose!’ is closed to new replies.