Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hardtail for a grand? Perhaps 29er
  • sc-xc

I did a search, and I know there must be a million threads about this, but I can’t bleedin’ find ’em.

A mate at work is looking for a new bike, he’s pretty new to cycling and has been enjoying his Hardrock. He has about a grand to spend and has asked me for some suggestions.

I haven’t the first clue – having not bought a bike for a few years. He’s 6 ft something so maybe a 29er would suit him? Anything decent out there for the cash?

Cheers

druidh
    Free Member

I was seriously considering one of the new Cube 29ers. However, I believe they are harder to find than rocking horse poo.

Shadow
    Free Member

Canyon 29

Bit over budget but a cracking deal

bol

I had a sit on a Spesh Carve today in the LBS. A very good looking and not badly specced 29er for a grand.

organdonor
    Free Member

Whyte 901 2011 Not a 29er, but a lot of bike for less than a grand. Latest model is lighter and has a tapered headtube, but is £1150. Some other good Whyte hardtails to be had too. That said, I’m waiting for my shiny new Canyon 29er, only 8 more weeks to go *counts the days*

sc-xc

Cheers all, good suggestions. I shall fire them over forthwith…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why not upgrade his hardrock with some new forks and a few other bits and pieces, could do that for way less than a £1000 and recoup money by selling current parts.

29ers are the current fad and are priced at a premium as the “must have” accessory.

organdonor
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    29ers are the current fad and are priced at a premium as the “must have” accessory

Have you seen the spec/price of the Canyon 29er?
    Btw I’ve owned a 29er since 2005, hardly a ‘current fad’ (I have a 26er too)
    All bikes are different and must be judged so. You sir, are a fool.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I think we had 2 of the first gtc pro carbon cube hardtails in the country. One went to a magazine and our 2nd one turned up earlier than expected (like a few days later)

Got a black ano ltd pro 29 hardtail thats been in for weeks. I like this bike a lot for under a grand.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail for a grand? Perhaps 29er’ is closed to new replies.