• This topic has 81 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by birr97.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Hardtail Enduro Bikes
  • covestiff2016
    Free Member

Hi
    Show me your hardtail enduro bike. Looking for a new bike to build over winter. Thanks
    Tom

Alex

Not sure what the definition of Enduro Hardtail is but I built this a couple of years ago.

Nordest Bardino II

Sturdy steel frame, 160mm fork, 2.6 tyres with inserts. Lent it to a mate as I recently bought a Nukeproof Scout.

covestiff2016
    Free Member

Neither do I typed what was in my head. Then posted it and thought hmm that doesn’t make sense 😂. That’s a nice bike that mate.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ta11pau1

An enduro hardtail is the same as a hardcore hardtail – long travel fork, slack, built for abuse.

Mine
    P4170274

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

‘Only’ 140mm forks, because its my trail bike, but otherwise, it has the right attributes.

Enduro hardtail

covestiff2016
    Free Member

What make frame is that ?

Mackem

Bird AM Zero

ready

Those Nordest bikes are lovely! I saw one in the flesh in the FoD a year ago, very very nice!

nedrapier

Got a couple of podiums at Enduro races on this, so it must be one.

tomhoward

Rå.410

covestiff2016
    Free Member

That RA410 is stunning.

covestiff2016
    Free Member

What bike is that ?

tomhoward

Naw, fanks. Might one day recover enough from injuries & covid to actually ride it 😡

covestiff2016
    Free Member

Oh man fingers x for a speedy recovery

jonjones262
    Free Member

Best bike I’ve ever owned! Got Lyriks on it now

Shan 27

EDIT:

the Lyriks!

Goes downhill like a rocket! so good!

covestiff2016
    Free Member

What bikes that Jon? Looks a nice thing

lightfighter762
    Free Member

The Dave above probably the most capable in the stable. Steeper the better. Climbs not far off the Yellow Moxie above but way more planted through choppy trails above Dollar.

Above fun to ride. Long Moxie on 2.8 27.5.

reeksy

20201203_174951
    20201203_192323

flyingpotatoes

My mates crush and my p7.

20220720_180500

belgianwaffle1

endurohardtail

big_scot_nanny

Bought a cheapy Dave last year as we needed a spare general duties bike that could serve as a donor/receiver of bits from other bikes of me and my son. Had it in the basket for a month or so, and suddenly 1/3rd was knocked off the price of the basket. Sold.

It ain’t pretty, but it sure is fun.

marksnook
    Free Member

I’ve got a cotic bfemax, still haven’t worked out the picture upload though! It’s running 140mm to try and keep it slightly different to my transition sentinel but it rides all the same trails.
    It’s probably the most fun bike I’ve ever bought! If only they did the pink one when I bought mine!

covestiff2016
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy second hand bike frames etc. eBay doesn’t seem to have to many options. I’m swaying to a orange p7 but keeping options over.

tomhoward

Pinkbike
    Stw classifieds? Post a wanted ad there.

What are you searching for on EBay?

TheGhost
    Free Member

I have an XL RSD Middlechild Ti frame that I’m toying with the idea of selling 🙂

duncancallum

Marin Elroy….

Marin

mrdestructo

I got an off-the-shelf Marin SQ3 but it took me ages to get comfortable with it. Stack too short, reach too short. It couldn’t take a longer fork (I tried. 130mm max at 65degs) Longer fork made climbs lower-back injury-prone and unsettled in the air. BB shell is much too flexy too. Not the stiffness people say.

I’m building up a medium hardcore bike for play (frame, collar, headset,
    mech hanger and seatpost £118!) 2022 model with a reinforced head tube area.
    Wheelbase is 9cm shorter than the SQ3. But that means reach is 9cm shorter too. Different purpose, so we will see. This frame could take my 160mm fork though, with current head angle @ 65.5degs. Not ridden yet as have a cassette Spacer issue and waiting for some bar shims to put on a longer stem. Couldn’t resist the Strictly-D bars. There’s three sellers suddenly unearthed stock here.

superfli
    Free Member

Few years old now and I’m getting tempted by an upgrade frame! That Ra410 looks lush!
    My P7. Done a few Enduro’s on it, probably do better in the HT cat than my normal cat. Very capable bike and love it. Its been all over the place and ridden Les Arcs, Paganella (dolomites), La Clusaz, Beaufort, Metabief, Golfie etc. 140 coil fork. 2.6 rear tyre help make it what it is.
    P7

jonjones262
    Free Member

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hardtail-enduro-bikes/#post-12501872

Production Privee Shan 27. It was one of the 1st out, with the Gulf paint job

covestiff2016
    Free Member

I’m swaying towards a orange p7 looks a nice bike yours.

superfli
    Free Member

That p7 cost £950 new from sunset cycles end of 2018. Bloody bargain! Mind you only the headset and frame are the same lol!

covestiff2016
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve had your money worth and fun outta it.

singlespeedstu

About as Enduro as hardtails get.😂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mTVDk9]Gloopy.[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mPLvQ4]I can see the pony from here.[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr

covestiff2016
    Free Member

What frame is that stu?

funkrodent

What size you looking for Covestiff2016?

Got an XL Production Privee Shan GT frame (29″ wheel version) that I’m thinking of offloading. With more recent stretched geometry, the XL is more akin to a large. Best hardtail frame I’ve ever ridden, the thought and design details that went into it are superb.

singlespeedstu

It’s a custom built Marino frame.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2j6Ya2f]Drawings for new custom Marino frame[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr
    Absolute riot of a bike and worked out pretty cheap too.

covestiff2016
    Free Member

I’m looking for a small but thank you for your offer.

covestiff2016
    Free Member

What’s the on one hello Dave like guys ? Read a few things saying there no good at hills etc ?

Tom

ryanmart96
    Free Member

My freshly built cotic bfemax, size medium with 140mm travel

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

bike

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts