Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • ‘Hardcore’ hardtail….advice for a purchase please….
  • richc
    Free Member

isn’t 6.2lbs pretty heavy for that Transition?

terrahawk
    Free Member

what’s “need” got to do with anything?

shellac
    Free Member

The new Sovereign should be released soon ish???? Lighter, lower and a bit more slack, although I never had any real complaints about the old one being steep??? 68 ha I think…

As far as travel goes it ends up where I left the travel adjust dial last… so anywhere between 100 – 150 mm, all good!

alpin
    Free Member

all these pics of hardcaore hardtails in peoples garden, haha.

richc
    Free Member

quite hard to take a photo when you are riding

alpin
    Free Member

i’m only jealous because i don’t have a garden

…but i do have flowers on the wall and there is every chance that the carpet has a biomass equal to it’s original weight and contains it’s own mini eco-system.

shellac
    Free Member

You think gardens are bad, my sov is getting a hamax childs seat on the back tomorrow for a ride round the woods…. how hardcore is that!

Sick. (probably down my back…)

jimmy

Alpine here. Luv it. I do like Evil’s though and that one for sale seems bargainous…

shellac
    Free Member

Aye I reckon that Evil is a dead good price…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Wow – high-fives fellow VRO user!

I am safe to out mine on my RC305 I reckon!

devs
    Free Member

DSC00448

Summer season. It’s nails when everything else pales.

alpin
    Free Member

high five-in you back Mr Dummy….

good, aren’t they? makes a big difference on long climbs, esp with adjustable fork and the saddle pumped up.

where did you get yours BD? didn’t think they were imported to the UK….

thumbie
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the replies & advice – very much appreciated.

Some lovely looking bikes too 😉

AndyPaice – I’m 6ft so I appreciate your comments on Sub Zero sizing.
    steve_b77 –

Would you have a Hardcore HT over a 140/150mm full suss, for say peaks, trail centres & pratting about on 4x and mini DH courses?

– Well I’ve got my 100mm HT, Rigid HT, 5.5″ FS & feel an urge for one of these too – LOL!!! Just fancy seeing what the fuss is about really & having a whizz around the Lakes & such.

Will keep looking, although not much longer…….

AndyPaice
    Free Member

AndyPaice – I’m 6ft so I appreciate your comments on Sub Zero sizing.
    steve_b77

The one I posted a photo of is a mates bike and it’s currently for sale. Drop me an email to a_paiceAThotmailDOTcom if you want some details.

timbercombe
    Free Member

My contributions 😛 I’ve had a few 😉
    1st one; Cove Stiffee, it’s an amazing bike, if you’re looking for fun don’t think – buy, costs a mint but you reap the rewards. Got nicked from Sheffs in October though (sheds tear). The most fun HT DH you can ever have.

Secondly (Stiffee Replacement after major pimpage ;)) Well it’s a bargain bike, cost me £800 new (orange crush). It was fun with the 140mm, well not so much fun, but it rode a lot faster for an all day bike, as opposed to a Hardcore Hardtail, it was ok, but lost the all day characteristic after I shoved the 160mm forks on and wasn’t much fun. Put the parts on a Reign X frame and it’s a beaut!

Thirdly… It’s just been finished today so jury’s still out(older pic a week ago), but a Dialled PA, it seems a nice frame, not very flicky or anything unlike my Reign, but it jumps ok and goes down alright (had a few runs on it so far), I think it’d be far better with pikes perhaps, but I guess from my comments if you want a hardcore hardtail, go for the stiffee with pikes, or I had a friend with lyrik/chameleon set up and that was an equally fun play bike and a little less harsh, again possibly could lean towards all day as opposed to thrash bike 🙂

Don’t know if my ramblings help but that’s 3 reviews in 1 😉
    Long live the hardtail!!!! (got a trailstar too but that’s not in an off road outfit at the moment).
    If you want any ideas for sizing I’m 6ft and had a 15.5″ stiffee, 15″ Crush, 17″ PA, 16″ Reign X. I like the bike smaller and more manoeuvrable.

jcromton
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks

ti456 is my hardcore choice – the hummer can’t cut more than 125mm ime.

CountZero

My hooligan steel h/tail’s got 160mm Nixons on the front. Works perfectly.
    But then, it was designed to take up to 180’s…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

456 summer season is proving much fun indeed here.

Vortexracing

It’s looking good in that Rivvy shot CHL.

Are you up for the Howgills STW ride?

GhostRider
    Free Member

SLX 2 ring crank and easton vice stem brought this bike to life, 2.5″ big earl tyres are fantastic all rounders. This bike is now my first choice for trail centres. The Tora fork does an admirable job when you consider the cost but I’ve got a Manitou Nixon fork with a 20mm QR on another bike and am just waiting for a good excuse to stick that on the Norco.

j-claw
    Free Member

My Cotic BFe is fun…

Pretty decent XC bike, but good at more ‘hardcore’ activities too.
    Rides best with 140mm forks… Anything more is a waste of time IMHO.

bullheart
    Free Member

Whyte 19 Trail.

BRRRRAAAAAAAAP!

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘‘Hardcore’ hardtail….advice for a purchase please….’ is closed to new replies.