Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hard to treat cavity wall
  • matt_outandabout

It’s a 45mm cavity.
    Single storey ground floor, two walls totalling maybe 6m run.
    The energy advisor said ‘no can do’ as the cavity is too narrow. I also think the job was too small.
    I’m having the roof done in a couple of weeks, ideal time to fit some top of wall cavity closers.
    With that in mind I see there are some companies that do poly beads in such walls.
    Been in the house 5 years, no damp at all, only condensation mould on those two walls.
    Thoughts?

matt_outandabout

Bump

perchypanther
    Free Member

External wall insulation. Extend the roofline while you’re having the roof done.

or Internal wall insulation depending on what’s on the inside face of the wall.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

External wall insulation

Sadly I’m not going there, we had new windows a couple of years ago, plus issues of drains and detailing mean it would be mega expensive.

I can go for internal, I was hoping to not faff with the room, but no real problems to do so.

So the cavity is just a leave alone job?

perchypanther
    Free Member

If it’s only 45mm I’d say it was a non starter. Not a fan of cavity fill unless it was designed in to begin with.

Insulated plasterboard internally probably your simplest option.

matt_outandabout

That’s the plan now then.

House is dry and warm – of just classic cold wall surface behind furniture etc that develops mould in winter.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Did my entire house on the inside.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hard to treat cavity wall’ is closed to new replies.