Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Harassment
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Epicsteve – I think I know the one you’re talking about, I know a few people from Denny and they’re sharing some “beast” as they’ve described him, posting addresses and whereabouts, originally from Bo’ness it seems

epicsteve
    Free Member

From the posts on the Denny forum I saw it looks like there are a couple of guys they are ranting about.

Nico
    Free Member

The paediatrician was in South Wales. It was graffiti in her case.

Paulsgrove had a longer-running issue

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2001/feb/06/childprotection

The reason the OP’s neighbour has come to the attention of the none-too-bright moralists is imho the hot weather. Bit of rain and that’ll be the end of that. It is very sad, and no doubt very scary if you are involved.

Beagleboy

Got home from work last night and we just jumped in the car and went for a picnic…well…fish and chips in the park. We figured the best way to avoid a repeat of the previous  night’s hostility was just to not be there. Eventually returned home around 9pm and were confronted with about 30 folk holding placards and banners across from our house and about 6 police officers standing outside next door. We couldn’t even get in our driveway at first because all the ”local’ protesters had driven here and blocked us out.

I spoke to a police officer…. carefully, as I’d had a bottle of merlot in the park with me haggis supper, and he at least reassured me that as long as these people keep turning up, so will they. He also nodded at a woman he was planning on arresting and punting into the back of his van, so the protesters can’t be that peaceful. These ”vigilantes’ had already been hurling abuse at another neighbour’s teenage daughters who had defended my neighbour’s daughter.

I guess all we can do is trust in the police and wait till these pond scum find another street to torture.

funkmasterp

Start yelling out random maths and grammar questions. This will cause mass panic and possibly brain death for most of the ****.

lowey

That is such a horrendous situation mate. I really feel for you. Hope it gets resolved ASAP.

There really is some utter pond life in the world.

oldnpastit

Sounds awful. It would make my blood boil and I would probably now be sat in a police cell awaiting trial for mass murder with a chainsaw. Don’t do that.

bigyinn
    Free Member

@Beagleboy, I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but is your first name Alan perchance?

franksinatra

bottle of merlot in the park with me haggis supper

You find yourself in a shitty situation but I seriously admire your culinary response.

Beagleboy

Keep barking!

My first name is Beagle…no..no..wait a minute. I definitely remember that my mum used to call me Craig.

Vinte
    Free Member

Hmmmm, I wonder what % of that crowd voted Leave, assuming they knew there was a referendum on.   🙂

ivantate
    Free Member

Incredible situation.  Hope it resolved itself and the police are there for your family when needed.

Thinking of a close family member living next to someone who was convicted of having illegal images on their computer.

Greybeard
    Free Member

It sounds to me as if the whole crowd should arrested for breach of the peace – the definition in Scots law being “conduct severe enough to cause alarm to ordinary people and threaten serious disturbance to the community”

grumpysculler
    Free Member

But mass arrests would probably only escalate matters. Police are probably waiting for it to fizzle out rather than poking the fire. Not pleasant for those that live there, but quite possibly the most peaceful approach when dealing with such eijits.

Stink bombs on the pavement just to make it a bit more unpleasant for the prats?

Gunz
    Free Member

An awful situation but maybe if you got some flyers from the Jobcentre to hand out to them, some might disperse.

poah
    Free Member

Why they haven’t been told to move on or arrested for breach of the peace is odd. The law is quite clear as noted above.

PrinceJohn

Any more news? Have the angry mob got bored yet?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Is there a chemical with a smell that can be used that makes it physically uncomfortable to be around but not harmful to health.  I always think that would be a lot easier way of dispersing a crowd than physical means.  If I was living on that street I would happily put up with a pungent niff for a week to get rid of them.

Alternatively you could do some kind of dirty protest and go out trying to give them all a cuddle.

DezB
    Free Member
    patriotpro
    Free Member

“Anyway, Brexit Britain for you”

Yes cos that wouldn’t have happened in pre-brexit britain would it…

daern
    Free Member

Is there a chemical with a smell that can be used that makes it physically uncomfortable to be around but not harmful to health.

Yes, but my son has an exclusive license to it. He says it’s caused by the school veggie sausages…

Yes cos that wouldn’t have happened in pre-brexit britain would it…

Perhaps in a pre-fake-news Britain, but we definitely have a “believe what you are told” culture where people lap up this shit and take it at face value without, as OP has clearly done, spending time to find out what the reality of a given situation is. Let’s be honest, it was this that was at the root of the Brexit chaos we find ourselves in today, with the uneducated masses hoovering up propaganda pedalled to them by the media, following an agenda of their own.

kcal

Not the same area but strangely familiar – https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-44629795

.. some people..

A local mum said: “I am in total shock. I have stayed here for three years.

“I also think if the police have had got that man out four hours beforehand when there were less people, last night could have been prevented.

“Bottles might not have been thrown and the car set alight.”

patriotpro
    Free Member

“Let’s be honest, it was this that was at the root of the Brexit chaos we find ourselves in today, with the uneducated masses hoovering up propaganda pedalled to them by the media, following an agenda of their own.”

Sounds like you’re the one who’s been hoovering up the media-peddled propaganda.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

“I also think if the police have had got that man out four hours beforehand when there were less people, last night could have been prevented.

“Bottles might not have been thrown and the car set alight.”

wait, what? “You’ve got 4 hours, and if cars catch fire, well, they catch fire”

daern
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re the one who’s been hoovering up the media-peddled propaganda.

Wait..what?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hope it’s settled down now Beagie, sounds a horrible situation for all involved tbh…

Beagleboy

Cheers all!

Wife and I are just back from a delightful two weeks in Arillas, Corfu.

Our last action before leaving home at 3am to catch our holiday flight a fortnight ago, was to call the police and report that our neighbour’s front bay window had just been smashed in. The boom when the window went scared the beejesus out of us!

We got back yesterday afternoon and the window is still boarded up, the family next door are still living in hiding somewhere (although we are still in contact with them), and the police are still doing the occasional drive-by to show a presence.

No-one is setting up camp outside the building anymore, but I swear (I may be paranoid though), that there are still loads more cars going past and people taking more interest than usual in our quiet wee bit of street.

It’s the threats to burn the family in their home that scares me. The police took this seriously enough that they arrested one of the people making the threats and installed a firebox under next door’s letterbox. It frightens me that these people don’t seem to understand the possible consequences of their actions. It also frightens me that guilty or not, they think it acceptable to terrify and threaten the entire family, and their neighbours. It was made clear from the start that because we and our surrounding neighbours weren’t supporting the so called protesters, we were obviously guilty as well.

The next door family are getting their window repaired today or tomorrow, and are getting quotes for a big fence to go around the front of the house to hopefully deter any more attacks. I’m feeling really bad right now because part of me would just like to see a big ‘For Sale’ sign go up in their garden. It’s really terrible, because they are a lovely, caring family and really great neighbours but I can’t see any end to this crap and fully expect it to all go crazy again as soon as the family make any attempt to move back into their own home.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Harassment’ is closed to new replies.