• This topic has 50 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DanW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Happy thread time: bike paint jobs
  • matt_outandabout

I passed Cervelo this morning with what looks like this crazy/cool/sparkly paint job.

I just thought it was ace and bold.

So, lets have a happy ace/cool/wild/nice/I like/mad/sparkles/colour-flip/anodised bike paint job thread.

NewRetroTom

Hope HB916

matt_outandabout

The bike I would buy tomorrow if I could – who doesn’t like sparkly green?

desperatebicycle

Also available in black or grey. For very boring people 😀

tomhoward

Red. (Ultimate Candy Red powdercoat)

Pretend metal and Tetris

I’m a bit biased, but I like em.

matt_outandabout

^ that red. 😍

tjagain

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mXCqTJ]20220117_135153[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

joebristol

New Bird Aeris 9 has ‘blurple’ which looks ace. Their flip blue on the Forge isn’t bad either.

Aeris 9 – Shimano 12 Speed

I had a really sparkly paint job on my Marino – no flip – just heavy metalflake under royal blue candy. Really hard to get a good picture of it though – needs to be when the sun hits it just right and the 3M tape has dulled it a bit as it’s got scuffed:

sharkattack

I’d buy something like this if I thought I would ever use it

Houns

/thread

bri-72

I’ll class smoked clearcoat as a paint job, so here goes. My recent arrival (still to be built up).

Curtis

Curtis

Curtis

johnjn2000

Bit biased as it’s mine but love this purple with a sparkle
    Purps
    Purp

snotrag

Spotted (and had to chase down and chat with!) a guy on a new Scott Spark RC AXS the other day.

For a ‘mainstream’ kind of bike – it looks absolutely stunning.

Photo does not do it justice at all either.

convert

Oh, I love a lovely paint job. I am semi handy with a spray gun but the ability to do some of the work above and elsewhere would be one I’d love to learn.

Actually love the curtis above – effectively just a way to show off your brazing skills but that counts too!

DanW
    Free Member

Tracey

I always liked this as it changed colour depending on the light

This one does as well but not to the same extent

bri-72

I do like the ‘fade’ paint job DanW, very nice.

DanW
    Free Member

Thanks @brii-72

It is actually really hard to choose a nice paint job if you are given the freedom to choose!

I wanted something kind of classic and timeless in keeping with the simplicity of the bike but not have it look to run of the mill. Really happy with the end result 👍

tomhoward

It is actually really hard to choose a nice paint job if you are given the freedom to choose!

So much this! Had 3 or 4 ideas for the Rå, and I lost count of how many iterations the Deviate went through in my head!

convert

I was trying to remember the name of this firm before, but it’s now come back to me – Hot Tubes.

I don’t necessarily like everything they do – I guess it’s a bit like being a tattoo parlour – you are working to the desires of the customer. But some of the skill and care in some of their work is lovely.

https://www.facebook.com/HotTubesPaint/photos/?ref=page_internal

matt_outandabout

I do like both sparkles and paint that changes colour in the light.

I’ve never liked the black/grey look*, IMO bikes are fun and the colour should make you smile.

*this includes the Marin I bought as a bargain..

onewheelgood

I haven’t seen or been able to take a picture that really does justice to the paint on my Scalpel. It’s a purple/blue/almost green flip fading to black at the dropouts.

40mpg

I can’t seem to take photos which reflect the orange sparkliness or subtle blue, but my Gulf Racing homage fatbike:

onewheelgood

I’m a sucker for Gulf colours – like this

ChrisL

I like orange bikes, not metallic orange, just as orangey an orange as possible. Handily, I have one:

Clockwork Evo

My old hardtail got a respray as I was in the unwelcome situation of not owning any other orange bikes at the time:

Chameleon Right

chrismac

That candy red is stunning. I like the production privee’s take on classic race car liveries

40mpg

@onewheelgood that looks great! Love the matching rims 👌

garage-dweller

I’ve a Schwinn Homegrown USA from about 1998 that had a blue and silver glitter finish.

I’ll see if I can add a picture in daylight as it needs rejuvenation into commuter mode for my son this weekend if I can.

zerocool

Don’t think I have a picture but I loved my Specialized Langster Monaco. It was an homage to the Martini Rally days.

Mine ended up with different cranks, wider tyres and a set of 750 riser bars and basically became a Gravel/XC bike for my gravel/dirt commute back in 2009.
    Langster Monaco

tomhoward

^ that red. 😍

That candy red is stunning.

Cheers guys. Some more red, just for you.

kimbers

It’s not a paint job as such

But I love the Head Tube graphic on my Kona Cowan DJ bike

2022-08-06_12-32-16

weeksy

Mine isn’t a flip, but is a cool fade/multi

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nyG4e6]2022-07-17_10-32-53[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

shermer75
    Free Member

The colour of my new bike is called ‘sage against the machine’, which made me chuckle

temudgin

How about a bit of technicolour anodising from Sturdy cycles?

cjr61

Couple from my garage

rOcKeTdOg

Soon to change colour because I’m bored of this one

PXL_20211011_120913471~2

beaker

I’m a little biased but this is my bike’s paint job. Fittingly called Milk Tray.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2nD7mgi]2F75B932-AFD3-400C-BF82-F2EF83302CEB[/url] by A A, on Flickr" alt="Classic" />

13thfloormonk

This! I got too confused and had my head turned by way too many different paint schemes I found on the web.

I loved this Candy Apple by Vaaru

which I tried to rip off and imitate on my Rourke (substitute Candy Apple Green for Lotus Scandal Green). Not quite the same effect but I’m happy with it. Will be happier when the colour matched stem arrives 😎

DanW
    Free Member

I actually prefer your end result @13thfloormonk Yours is more classy and understated whereas the Vaaru is a bit too gaudy for me

@beaker
    do you have a full bike pic? Looks interesting!

beaker

@DanW as requested… [url=https://flic.kr/p/2nD3fy8]9C905376-E91D-47FE-B77B-E6A96502A518[/url] by A A, on Flickr" alt="Classic" />

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.