Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Happy questions, Bullheart content and hopefully a happy thread.
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

If you could achieve 3 things in your life what would they be?

1)
    2)
    3)

Q. What’s the most enjoyable thing you’ve done?

A.

and

Q. If you had £10pounds to spend on making the world a nicer/brighter/better place what would you spend that money on and how would it impact things for the better?

A.

If your own answer to the 3rd question doesnt inspire you to do exactly what your answer was with your own ten pounds then what I judge as the best answer to the 3rd question gets 10pounds via bank transfer to do what they said in their answer and i’ll donate another 20 to bullheart as a way of encouraging people to think some nice thoughts on this beautiful sunny day!

For the lazy i’ve even provided the above form type format so you can copy and paste :mrgreen: thought we needed bit of a contrast to the how would you like to die thread.

toys19
    Free Member

1) Lose 4 stone
    2) Pay off my mortgage
    3) Do bigger jumps

A. FOD downhill is my fave – easy but also progressive – loads of bang for your buck

and

Q. If you had £10pounds to spend on making the world a nicer/brighter/better place what would you spend that money on and how would it impact things for the better?

A. Donate it to some charity that effectively works towards world peace. I don’t know of one, and if anyone does then I’d like to hear about it. I reckon most of the worlds issues (war famine, climate change, poverty) could be solved if all understood each other better and were more considerate.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Thread stealing imperialistic running yellow dog lackey! Choose carefully how you’d like to perish, young consequence, cos my wrath is mighty and my testicles shrivelled and useless!!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

1)To see my kids happy and settled.
    2)To grow old, somewhere sunny and warm, together with my missus.
    3)With regards to my profession, to feel like I made a difference.

A. Cheeky!!

and

A. Comic relief / save the children or NSPCC – something along those lines.

lunge

1) Open a successful restaurant
    2) Make sure Mrs Lunge is as happy as she makes me
    3) Learn to ski bumps well

A. An afternoon off piste in the fresh powder round the back of Les Menuires. An epic afternoon that was.

and

A. £10 is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things so I would go and find a group of underprivilaged kids and buy them all an ice cream. Sure, it would change the world but the smile it would put on those kids faces would sure as hell make them feel better for a while.

willard

1) Be a father
    2) Provide for my wife and kid(s) so that they are comfortable throughout their life.
    3) See the world.

A. How can anyone answer this? I could say “getting married”, but I have done that twice and so at least one of those times has bad memories. “Snowboarding down a mountain” or “Surfing Hawaii” would make me sound trite, and “making love to my wife” would make me sound pervy. Grrrr. Pass

and

A. Buy two small trees and plant them in a place that had far too much concrete to be healthy. Our cities are too sterile and far from nature and we need more trees.

philconsequence
    Free Member

more trees and ice-cream are my favourite world changing ideas at the moment 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

wow, kinda expected more replies to this one, even if its jsut for the chance to blag a tenner!

lunge

So was I Phil, but maybe a bump will help!

iDave
    Free Member

Be outlived by my kids
    Never wear a tie
    Build my own beach house

Flew a helicopter without crashing

make a £10 loan to someone trying to start a business in the developing world via kiva.com

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

1) Stay happy
    2) Have happy children
    3) Abide like a dude

A) LEJOG

B) Buy my Nan a plant, she’s been ill and I know she’d like it.

camo16
    Free Member

1) Have my recently completed book published – and for it to be a wild success
    2) Find time to do things, rather than just work to survive – and to live without fear
    3) Ride the Pyrenees with my six-year-old son

A. Been there when my boy was born (sappy, but true)

and

A. Hand it over to the homeless shelter near us so some poor s•d can stay warm for a night or two.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i think i’ll keep this thread going for a week, the next thursday someone will get the ten squid and bullheart will get his little donation 🙂 hopefully it might get some interest in the evenings or weekend or something.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

1) Retire early enough that I can have a second career doing somethig fun
    2) Race compettitively, so maybe achieve a roadie licence beyond cat4, or failing that buy a fast car/bike and follow the fat middle aged herd, club raceing .
    3) Go on more holidays

Dunno, but it probably invoved either bikes or boats and sunshine.

£10, buy the missus a new hamster after one figured out how to open the cage at the weekend and hasn’t been seen since 🙁

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

14 posts on this thread as opposed to 70 on the ‘how I’d like to kark it’ one. Interesting…

philconsequence
    Free Member

interesting indeed, good old STW. morning bump

emma82
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member

1) have a baby
    2) still be happily married to husband no.1 the day I die (sorry, I’m marriage/wedding obsessed at the moment, it’ll wear off I promise!
    2. Complete a 24hr bike race
    3. Travel round europe in a camper van 🙂
    A. Ummm, sounds stupid but bouncing on a bouncy castle at 2am slightly drunk but laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe. Long time ago but was just awesome.
    and
    A. I would spend it on one of those Christmas toy schemes where they buy stuff for kids in a hospice or poorly in hospital. I had one when I was I’ll as a kid and still remember it being the highlight of being in a crap hospital. Was donated by the balloon festival which was happening outside but I was too poorly to go watch so they brought me a sonic the hedgehog cuddly toy. Was ace. £10 won’t go very far but it would cheer a lil’un up for a short while and that means as much to me as anything else.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ohhh toys or ice-cream for kids are my winning contenders so far 😀

bullheart
    Free Member

1)Be the first person in the world to live a full life with angiosarcoma.
    2)Teach my unborn child to ride a bike better than I can.
    3)Iditabike.

A. Honestly, I just love spending time with the wife. Specifically though, I think I’m starting to love 24hour racing a bit more than I should do…

and

A. It’d go towards a side project of mine; buying a ATC Quadracycle to use with patients from the Hospice in the Weald in Kent. I want to have it modified to take two people (driver and passenger) to allow them access to the fireroads in nearby Bedgebury forest.

I like you Phil. You have a good heart.

Nobby

1)Keep my family happy & healthy.
    2)Be mortgage free.
    3)Find a viable treatment/cure for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.

A. Witness the birth of my son.

and

A. Hand it to a complete stranger. I believe that if we all did one random, selfless act a month the world would be a much better place.

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers guys 🙂 nice to have a few more replies to add into the mix!

philconsequence
    Free Member

bullheart, a quick google hasnt helped me find out any info about the quadracycle thingy… care to explain to the thread? would you want donation direct to bank account or via the just giving page next week?

bullheart
    Free Member

Phil,

Please don’t make a donation. At the moment I’m trying to get local businesses to chip in first, as I’m hoping that their collective social compasses might kick in and pay for the kit. I kind of had the thought that, if I could buy a genuinely rugged 4 wheeled bike, I could modify it to take another passenger (patient) and give them the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors a bit. I know how important it’s been for me.

Here is the kit. Check out the video!

http://www.lightfootcycles.com/atc_recumbent_quadracycle.php

philconsequence
    Free Member

that’s awesome 😀

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

1) For my wife and I to be able to have a child so to end the pain and anguish that we both feel all the time.
    2)Complete as may cycling milestones as possible i.e, Legog, Alpine climbs etc.
    3)When I’m older and look back at my life I’d like to think that I may have made a difference to friends and families lives, no matter how small, and be known for being a nice person.

A. Getting married in 2005.

and

I would give it to someone who needed it at that time as a random act of kindness, knowing that at that exact time that person would really appreciate it make them smile.

philconsequence
    Free Member

seeing as two people who have suggested the handing the tenner to a stranger i’ve just walked out onto the main road and given a tenner to some woman walking past pushing a pram with toddler in tow 🙂 she was kinda shocked and i half expected her to refuse but she started welling up.

didnt want a crying stranger so i gave the tenner to the todler and jogged back into work. i hope they buy ice-cream or a teddy bear 😀

now i need to go to the cashpoint again before tonights climbing lesson lol.

Emma, not sure if its your kinda charity but ‘women’s aid’ accept donations of cuddly toys and they get given to kids in families where there’s domestic abuse. Mrsconsequence spent a lot of time giving out toys to families the past 2 Christmas’s.

retrogirl
    Free Member

1. Bring my Son up to be happy, polite and well balanced
    2. Be successful in my business
    3. Be happy

Getting married almost 7 years ago to the day to my long suffering husband.

Without a doubt donate to a cancer charity and get rid of the cancer (neuoblastoma) that got the better of my Daughter

philconsequence
    Free Member

*virtual hug for those who need it*

emma82
    Free Member

Phil that’s the same thing as far as I’m concerned, all horrible situations for children who don’t understand what is happening to them so anything that makes them happy even just for a short while is worth it. I’ll look at Women’s Aid. How did MrsConsquence get into that? Just through volunteering? Next year is my year to start I think!

philconsequence
    Free Member

up until a couple of weeks ago she was an independent domestic violence advisor working with their high risk victims, she’s left them now and is working for the probation service but contracted out to a prison as a facilitator working with groups of men who are in prison for domestic violence… she has to wear a belt with chains and stuff on now 😈

thomthumb
    Free Member

bullheart i have seen some similar things – pedal power cars & amphibious bikes – as university projects. Drop me an email and i may beable to put you/ charity in contact with a project supervisor to make a prototype/ do the mods.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTjyj9NO5I

emma82
    Free Member

belt ‘n’ chains huh. Get to bring it home for you does she 8)

tartanscarf

3 achievable things:

Have my son grow up happy, healthy, confident and full of love.
    Stop my wife stressing about business so much.
    Fix my old mans feet so he can walk about again.

Best thing I’ve done
    Watch my son take his first breath, especially as we were in Mulletus Maximus’ shoes until he shocked us.

Tenner
    Take a down and out homeless person for a cuppa, a meal and a blether (i’d pay for my own).

TS

PS you do have a good heart 🙂

althepal

Three things:
    Make sure my two kids grow up into decent human beings, one still in the post btw.
    Try to get as much out of every day I have left.
    Ride my bike a bit more- I wish!

Most enjoyable thing I’ve done? A tie between working with kids in Albania for a few weeks many moons ago (gives perspective) or being there when my wee boy Cameron came into the world- still chokes me up that. Is that allowed??

£10 to make a difference? Like the hospital present thing- cheered me up to! Either that or donate to Yorkhill kids hospital- breaks my heart every time I take a sick wean in there..

iDave
    Free Member

This is a friend of my on his last ride, RIP Crash

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESHSSBE_nhA[/video]

philconsequence
    Free Member

great video dave 🙂

thomthumb i was going to suggest if its worth asking a uni to help out 😀 what a happy coincidence!

alpin
    Free Member

nice post Phil….

1) be successful enough in my chosen field(s) that i didn’t have to work all hours and had enough time to do the things i enjoy in life. i don’t need lots of money to be happy, but money makes being happier easier.
    2)find a cure to the GF’s skin condition (might look at lasering it this winter).
    3) die happy before i begin to waste away. think i’d pop some pills to end it before then.

A. can’t really pick a single moment. i’m happiest when not thinking about anything. so probably: alone kiting on hunstanton beach or over the snow covered fields south of munich; riding my bike up a hill or some proper alpine descents. i’m glad that i’ve done many things in my life, but i’m also disappointed by some of the things i’ve done.

and

A. buy some seeds and plant some trees. i don’t like ice-cream.

philconsequence
    Free Member

bump 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

EDIT – wrong thread!

philconsequence
    Free Member

monday morning bump 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Happy questions, Bullheart content and hopefully a happy thread.’ is closed to new replies.