Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Happy Christmas STW story
  • Sanny
    Free Member

I’ve got some Hope QR skewers you can have for nowt in Blue ano if you want?

E mail in profile and you can have them for nowt.

Cheers

sanny

renton
    Free Member

Sorry I have nothing on your list but just wanted to ask what you thought of the paint job by fastline as I’ve just sent my frame to them!

mick_r

I’ve been using Fastline for the last year or so (3 frames and lots of things for the day job). Had nothing but good results so far. There are only 2 or 3 guys, so actually talking to the person doing the work is a big plus. And they seem to understand bike frames – i.e. proper masking and gentle touch with the blaster etc.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thanks everyone that’s helped and offered help.

I was thinking last night about this and wondered if you would like the following?

I will get a decal made with your name and county if origin next to it.

The bike will be branded a Rushton, so I’ll need to get out the county emblem encyclopedia.

Thanks all for your help, and as Mike has already told me once, I better get learning wheel building…..

More news as it happens will follow.

psling
    Free Member

Red Bike = Good Day!

Sorry, come a bit late to this thread; the only bits I could offer have already been covered.
    He’s going to be one lucky lad at Christmas.

mick_r

The “brand” is actually Ironworks – I think I’ve got a couple of downtube stickers (black on white background).

We’ve done some more road testing this morning with 2 different sized kids and 20″ wheels – looks ace in fatbike mode with 20 x 2.35 Schwalbe Big Apple tyres :-).

Will post some pictures shortly.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Can’t wait! I’ll get on the wheel building

mick_r

Just spent an hour stealing wheels from kids bikes….

I think we decided my youngest and Nicholas were about the same size, so initially 20″ wheels will probably work best. We’ve also discovered that long legs plus big wheels plus low saddle = speedway turns 🙂

Other discoveries – big, fast rolling squishy tyres and squishy saddle are good (you are sat down over every bump).

Frame now stripped (took 2 minutes) and ready to go in a box – will email later.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Andy, can you email me your address: stuart@forestfreeride.co.uk

I believe I have the perfect saddle 😉

wwaswas

Looks fantastic and really fun 🙂

steveoath
    Free Member

If you need a saddle i have a WTB pure v saddle. Bit worn but if you want it email a postal address.

tthew

About the saddle, (and sorry I don’t have one to offer) but might a unicycle saddle work well? You’re not pushing back with your legs, like you do with a pedaled bike, so the shape prevents slipping forward.

Looks like most come with some weird clamping arrangement though.

Bunnyhop

Can’t offer you any parts but that bike looks superb! Please can you post some pictures of your lad riding it.

This.

Looking forward to the photos after Christmas.

kristoff
    Free Member

Afraid I have nothing to offer than a big thumbs up and a smile on my face!

I’m sure your son will be over the moon with this for Christmas.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Wow Mick – good to see you up to your fantastic good deeds as usual!

If there’s anything left to do that I can help with then just let me know. Or any bits / parts etc (email in profile).

Ron

jamj1974

Lovely work! I hope it is really enjoyed. The only thing I have which may be useful is some unused 20″ road tyres. I think they are 1.5″ wide. If there is anything else you find you need – give me a shout on here and I will have a look.

flyingmonkeycorps

Sounds like you’re sorted saddle-wise, but I have a unicycle sat languishing in the shed that you’re more than welcome to the saddle off. It does have a weird clamp though, so might require some bodging (the seatpost is rusted into the frame, so that’ll be no use).

I can have a go at getting it off if you’re interested.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, it’s incredibly nice to think Nicholas will be on the receiving end of all of this generosity. I really don’t know what to say.

Thank you.

I’ll keep you all posted in regard to progress…

All that’s needed right now seems to be 2front 20″ wheels, but I’m going to invest in a Turing stand and get busy with some 32h disc hubs. How easy is it to get hold of 20″ 32 hole rims?

Thanks again

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Nothing to offer besides good wishes and like many others have said its nice to see a number of very good deeds taking place on here. Great stuff. I hope your son is happy with his bike, it looks fab.

bullheart
    Free Member

24″ tyres sent today!

It looks amazing!

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thank you so

very much bullheart

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone that has sent over parts for the build!

I now have a seat post of HUGE proportions, a go faster saddle and some skewers.

I have an XT 32h front hub too. Such generosity is very touching. Thank you.

I still need another hub if anyone has a front hub knocking about.?

I’ve got to get a truing stand kit so if anyone has any ideas on that then I would love to hear about it.

Cheers

Andy

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Happy Christmas STW story’ is closed to new replies.