Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Happy Birthday Mr Zimmerman
  • yossarian
    Free Member

🙂

i know its really important for you to be right and i’m in a giving mood today, have this one on me

Waderider
    Free Member

Some people post with 100% confidence their own unwavering and incontrovertible opinion on every thread and subject on internet forums. I don’t understand how such folk have had the time to develop the knowledge on such a wide breadth of subjects.

Other folk only post comments on the threads where they understand the subject, or at least know enough to have a comment worthy of inclusion and consideration.

grum
    Free Member

Crikey you’re all very sensitive about ol’ Bob aren’t you?

Do I have to listen to every single one of his recordings in order to have an opinion then? I’ve already been subjected to more than I care for.

It seems that you’re not allowed to dislike his performances, and that anyone who does is automatically a philistine. 🙄

There’s probably a fair number of people out there who say the same thing about Katy Perry, but it doesn’t make them right.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    greyman
    Free Member

He’s a genius.

Age is cruel.

downshep

Yep, he’s a genius alright. Happy Birthday Bob and thanks for writing great songs.

mudshark
    Free Member

A pity all those fools who waste their money seeing him live when they’d be better off saving their ears for a real singer.

Junkyard
    Free Member

grum you can say he is not your cup of tea but to call him crap is OTT IMHO
    For example I dont like Queen or Jedwood but I can tell you which one is good if that helps. There is a distinction

BillMC

I liked some of his stuff e.g. Positively 4th Street’ but politically he always backed off and was sufficiently ambiguous to widen his audience and not offend. Joan Baez ridicules his ‘protest’songs. That $25 habit stuff confirms to me that he was a fraud, it’s never come out of other interviews or his book. Some nice covers done by the Byrds though.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Happy Birthday Mr Zimmerman’ is closed to new replies.