Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Happy 25th Birthday Premier League
  • binners

Haterz gonna hate, so let’s get this out of the way first with Charlie Brooker’s description….

22 millionaires ruining a lawn

…. and leave it at that eh?

But as last weekends bonkers results proved, it’s the most entertaining and competitive league in the world, by a country mile.

So what are your highlights? For me, it was when the title was between the United ‘Class of 92’ and Arsenals ‘Invincibles’ squads, where you had 22 truly world class players on the pitch, and a whole lot of personal needle, leading to this kind of shenanigans

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcpFXOsrY8[/video]

Best goal? There are loads, but probably this one. Just for the sheer audacity of it

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4tVnpwp8d4[/video]

Not a bad way to announce your arrival.

So let’s have your highlights, lowlights, heroes and villains…

Jamie
    Free Member

My villain is Binners for not putting this in the football thread.

binners

The football thread is specifically about this season, so

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Eric Cantona’s kung-fu kick!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

25 years of financial engineering and transferring money from the have nots to the haves – and folk moan about the Tories and regressive policies. 😉

Beautiful game – is there a file in the birthday cake?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Dear God I love football, I try not to anymore as it has so many faults, but it’s just brilliant entertainment.

Bergkamp.

Deaaannnno

kingforaday
    Free Member

The money is vulgar, and perhaps now really has got to a stage where is unlikely to be sustainable, but it has also provided 25 years of great entertainment (and some bilge too, but I mostly remember the good stuff).

Sandwich

But as last weekends bonkers results proved, it’s the most entertaining and competitive inconsistent league in the world, by a country mile.

Sort of fixed that. It’s certainly not the most skillful, that would be the Spanish or Italian chaps.

Edit. If it were the best, England would hoover up international trophies so regularly it would be embarrassing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Happy 25th Birthday Premier League’ is closed to new replies.