Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hans dampf 29″- alternative front
  • scotabroad

I am new to 29er but loving my Orange segment.

Came with Hans Dampf tyres which are generally good for trails but the front has let go entering in loose corners a few times so looking to replace.

I ran Maxxis on 26″ bikes and got on well with them with Ardent/ crossmax, and minion/ high roller combos depending on application.

Any thoughts on sticking with Schwalbe and maybe putting magic mary on front, or ditching and going baack to known MAxxis combos.

Prefer having a more planted front and happy to sacrifice grip on rear for better rolling.

Cheers

skellnonch
    Free Member

loving the magic mary, does the job on everything I ride

weeksy

Smorgasboard ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Mary in 2.6in, brilliant all-rounder and not THAT draggy.

goby

Magic Mary 2.6 +1 Awesome tyre.

hopkinsgm

Whatever you do with Schwalbe tyres, make sure they’re proper “Evo” versions and not the rubbish “Performance” versions

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m loving my 2.6″ Minion DHF. Was thinking of swapping it for a Shorty but on the wet rocks and roots at the Golfie this weekend it was so good I think I’ll just leave it. I’m not much of a tyre swapper so happy to compromise a bit.

damascus
    Free Member

Whatever you do with Schwalbe tyres, make sure they’re proper “Evo” versions and not the rubbish “Performance

This. Check what you have. A lot of time bikes come with performance. I love my hans dampf. It stays on all year round.

duncancallum

Love my Michelin in gumx compound

Northwind

You’re in a pretty good place, because just about every popular front tyre is better than a hans dampf.

2.4 dhr2 in the 3c maxxterra compound would be the direct maxxis equivalent, and much better. Or the magic mary like others mentioned keeps it schwalbe except it’s actually good, and a bit spikier for winter without going mad

scotabroad

Thanks folks was tempted to stick with what I know re maxxis but have decided to give the Magic Mary a go then if it works then have a spare tyre for the rear from the ex front.  ~Shall see how it goes….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘hans dampf 29″- alternative front’ is closed to new replies.