Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hans Dampf 24inch tyres
  • kimbers

24 x 2.35

Do they come up as wide as the bigger wheel versions

Trying to get some decent tyres for sons bike, and clearance is limited

Failing that schwable black Jack’s any good?

Small block 8s great in the summer but its muddy & sketchy out there!

lister

I never saw the Hans Dampf anywhere for sale to try. The Black Jacks are quite chunky but clog quite badly in mud.
    We got some Hutchinson Toros in 24” when we were in Morzine. Really nice all-rounder tyre. Maybe try some French mail order companies for those?

hugo
    Free Member

Black Jacks are their regular wire bead mountain bike tyre. Perfectly decent. They also do Rocket Rons on 2.1 and 2.35 that are folding and so a bit lighter.

A 2.35 is very wide for a 24 in tyre and rider although kids love monster trucking as much as anyone.

pobaker
    Free Member

yes they come up as big as the 650b 2.35s
    my son had them on his 24″ – great for grip if you have the clearance.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nothing to add except I have 26×2.4 and they are huge, grippy, and brilliant fun.

bsims
    Free Member

The 24×2.35 Hansdampf on Mini’s bike is wider than the 650b 2.4 Trail King on Hope enduro rims on mine.

iamtheresurrection

I’ve just measured. On a standard rim 22mm inside diameter or so, they measure 58mm across the widest point. The same size Fat Albert on the back wheel is even bigger, at 60mm.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I got some 24 rocket rons for my son’s bike – good as an all rounder. Struggled to find any decent tyres in the UK so ordered from Europe.

kimbers

I’ve just measured. On a standard rim 22mm inside diameter or so, they measure 58mm

That’s really useful, cheers!!

Looks like we’ll be too wide Hutchinson Toro looks good but stick even in Europe seems limited

Can get blackjack in UK, but struggling to find 2.1

So either rocket rons or bj 2.1 from Germany seems best

poah
    Free Member

Got them on 23mm crests and just went and measured them. Tyres are about 18psi

59mm on the casing
    61mm on the knobs

Got them from Germany, I had toro on another bike a couple of years ago (French amazon). They were a bit thinner but also a bit lighter.

BearBack
    Free Member

Brood maxtion 2.3.
    210g lighter than the Hans danpf
    Ace all round tyre but availability might be tricky.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hans Dampf 24inch tyres’ is closed to new replies.