Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • hanging….without nails (picture content)(though no pics)
  • white101

Has anybody used them 3m Command sticky patch things you can hang a picture frame with?

I’m getting fed up with drilling holes or tapping nails in the walls and I saw some daytime tv ad (could have been one of them bid channels, been off work 3 months gimme a break boredom threshold at all time high) and they were literally sticking velcro to the walls and hanging photo frames.

I want a few up pics on the wall in the house and I think this will save me getting the hammer/drill out.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yup all my pics are held up with the 3M Velcro pads. Must have about 5/6 pics in every room,biggest one1mx1m and heavy! They work very well and easy to remove- just pull the sticky bit parallel to wall until it stretches and pops off.

Try them!

funkmasterp

Sorry to hijack! Does anybody know the maximum weight they can take?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    doncorleoni
    Free Member

One tiny obvious bit of advice -stick to picture /frame first and push hard against wall. Any alignment can be done after if you have Velcro pads.3M also do a non Velcro version which you need to line up properly before sticking!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Not 100% sure but I have a 1m by 1m custom canvas on pine frame which is pretty heavy – prob 2 kg?? And I used two packs of smaller 3M Velcro pads. It’s not moved at all in 6 years!!!!!!!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

They will take a lot of weight -just not good at dealing with a sudden shock load

maccruiskeen

Sorry to hijack! Does anybody know the maximum weight they can take?

how well is your paint stuck to the plaster? 🙂

funkmasterp

Cheers.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

maccruiskeen, did you miss my paging thread earlier?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘hanging….without nails (picture content)(though no pics)’ is closed to new replies.