Handlebar/Frame bag suggestions?

Home Forum Bike Forum Handlebar/Frame bag suggestions?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Handlebar/Frame bag suggestions?
  • Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Alpkit may be more than you want/need to spend?

Premier Icon jameso
    Subscriber

Small Alpkit Possum. Fits loads of bikes and great VFM.

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber

I have an Ortlieb Ultimate 6 Classic. It’s very good & water resistant. Locks on, but easily detached with a handy shoulder strap.

I’ve got a couple of Xtreme bags from Rose.
    Well made with good zips. I haven’t broken them yet.

peatoire

Thanks. Some good stuff to look at. Was looking at the Topeak TourGuide handlebar bag:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/topeak-tourguide-compact-handlebar-bag/rp-prod37975

The Ortlieb Ultimate 6 Classic do look very nice, a bit too pricey for me, just bought the bike and now I’m skint! (sorry, I forgot to put a budget in the post) I was looking at no more than £40 tops, ideally £25

Those Alpkit Possum bags look ideal it’s to go on a Planet X XLS, I’m tempted

Premier Icon jameso
    Subscriber

The strap system on the Possum is a real highlight – I have one and it fits my road bike, my MTB and a town errands bike equally well just by adjusting where the straps go, hence why I think it’s such good VFM.

peatoire

I need something that will hold my lunch wallet etc for commuting, not much more than that but an open to the roomier ones if that are any good.
    Any suggestions?

robdob

Thanks. Some good stuff to look at. Was looking at the Topeak TourGuide handlebar bag:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/topeak-tourguide-compact-handlebar-bag/rp-prod37975

I bought one of these for my wife’s flat bar road bike and I can really recommend it. Smaller than most bar bags but most of the time I find my bar bag too big. The attachment system is very solid and secure, the bag very well made with individual pockets inside and a rain cover too.
    The bracket also comes with a clip on bit to replace the bar length you have lost – useful for a computer or a light if you have narrower bars.

If I buy another bar bag it’s definitely going to be one of these or another Topeak one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Handlebar/Frame bag suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.