Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Handbrake and disney DVDs
  • matthewlhome
    Free Member

Can anyone help? I have previously used Handbrake on my Mac to convert our DVDs to watch on iPad or phone etc and take on holiday.

Handbrake now wont work with copy protected DVDs.

Any pointers on what i am doing wrong, or alternative software? All the web advice i can find suggests that it should just work, but it wont.

Am fed up with it as i refuse to pay Evil Disney twice for those pesky princess movies.

On a liked subject, any ideas how i can get disney itunes purchases onto a dvd?

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is what I use. Works flawlessly.

Northwind

Haven’t done a Disney one but an anydvd trial used to get round everything.

IIRC there’s a .dll hack you can do on handbrake to break protection but I’ve not done it myself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

I use RipIt, I think you get 10 free rips, I bought it as it’s excellent. I then run Handbrake to get the film into the format I want. I have never had RipIt fail.

Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve also had problems with Handbrake (the picture comes out in green horizontal lines). I used a free trial of DVDFab, and it worked a treat. It also made much better use of my graphics processor, so it was ripping films in around 10% of the time it took Handbrake.

johndoh
    Free Member

WinX here too – they often do freebie giveaways of it (around Thanksgiving and the like).

Works with *most* Disney for me.

Or, if you were lucky (before Apple Store pulled it), Cartoon HD has all of them for you, for nowt.

Drac

Cartoon HD can be gifted from someone who has it and downloaded, so my 11 year old daughter tells me.

johndoh
    Free Member

How does that work then? I tried it in-App (sending an invite) but the link didn’t work.

Drac

I’ve no idea she told me she managed to send it to her friend who was able to download it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Okay, I’ll have another furtle then.

Drac

I’ll try to ask her tomorrow depends if I see her.

harrykewell
    Free Member

AppGeeker is a great solution to rip the DVD to a format that you can transfer through iTunes to your iPhone and iPad.I just finished backing up some of my dvds with this method.

batfink
    Free Member

I used handbrake to rip my DVDs, the handbrake to convert.

From memory – Handbrake had an issue because there are hundreds of “titles” on their DVDs. With Disney DVDs I played them in VLC first, and you can toggle through the menus (while it’s playing) to see which title is the actual movie. Then go to handbrake and: File > Open Source (Title Specific) and tell it just to encode that specific title.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Handbrake and disney DVDs’ is closed to new replies.