Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Hamsterley enduro
  • Sancho
    Free Member

Anyone going up?

HarryakaDave
    Free Member

My lad’s racing, I’m going along to shout encouragement, forecast is dry!

proutster
    Free Member

Yep, it’s my first enduro so really looking forward to it!!

I’ll be the one with a yellowy greeny black Giant Reign, wearing a stupidly bright green Bell Super Helmet and displaying all the signs of “All the gear and no idea” – but I know that I’ll be loving every minute 😆

Oh and it’s Veteran’s class all the way for me!

Sancho
    Free Member

I will be in the vets class if i race, (sore ribs at the moment so not sure)
    But I will be with the Crosstrax crew so a few of us about.
    not been riding much so not expecting much

nosedive
    Free Member

Yep. In vets. First race of the season. Cant wait

proutster
    Free Member

<Dream>

Does this mean I might get 3rd place in Vets or will there be others that will prevent me getting a podium? 😳

</Dream>

karl1824
    Free Member

Any clues on the route???

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’ll be there 🙂

I think the TT route will possibly be a segment (Transmission, accelerator and nitrous) but not sure other than that.

Was there last weekend and pike’s teeth was closed off, but the end section of it looks pretty good, so maybe they will have that finished off and open in time for it?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’m off, in Master cat.

karl1824
    Free Member

Wonder if they’ll use some of last years UKGE stages, maybe the one that comes out at the grove or special K ?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I did wonder if they will make special K and brainfreeze a segment, with the climb between them?

gazc
    Free Member

there last weekend rumours are the transmission/accelerator/nitrous route like the tt for one section, and the 4x to old nps (by the grove car park) plus another which i’ve got a feeling could be beehive as its quite dry over that side at the moment. had a look at the new pikes teeth – unfortunately its is going to go down as classic example of how to take a perfectly good (in fact great) section of trail and apply the big standard mundane trailcentre gravel coaster imo, would have been much better spending the money extending the existing trails. sad times

karl1824
    Free Member

Sounds good, see what Sunday brings. I’ll have to reserve judgement on pipes teeth until I’ve ridden it, but will deffo miss the rooty tecky stuff!

gazc
    Free Member

from the descend hamsterley FB page

Tracks open as normal this weekend, the track off the 4x and the last part of the NPS will be out of bounds due to NDH Enduro

karl1824 – lukcily the old roots are still there in places, hopefully an ‘alternative’ ie: old pikes teeth line will develop alongside the new stuff! 🙂

j3ffo
    Free Member

I’ll be there hopefully

Had a chest infection for past week so not holding out for any kind of result though. Bright yellow shorts and a Devinci dixon

t-p26
    Free Member

You`ve guessed 2/3 stages 😉

mrjmt
    Free Member

Just found the last email from NDH in my spam, was sent at around 10:25pm last night, if you’ve not heard from them might be worth checking its not got spammed.

Says you need to bring your paypal receipt for your entry to sign on.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Slight hijack but anyone know when the routes close ready for Sunday?
    Was hoping to get a couple of hours in tomorrow.
    Cheers
    Steve

karl1824
    Free Member

Cheers Gaz, will check it out

mrjmt
    Free Member

Well, that was a bit slippery.

😆

mrlugz
    Free Member

It was bliddy great 🙂

proutster
    Free Member

Top fun!!

A great mix of natural and trail centre including a couple of stages with big chunks of the DH tracks in them, including (so I’m told) the NPS track.

Good fun but I’m a little tired now…..

Sancho
    Free Member

shame they screwed up the results by cocking up the timing

mrjmt
    Free Member

shame they screwed up the results by cocking up the timing

Whatcha mean?

gazc
    Free Member

some of the times for first section are wrong apparently – but sections 2 and 3 are correct. they were using a new timing system for this race so probably ironing out gremlins still

Stranga
    Free Member

Timing fail on Stage 1 had the results all over the place, so only times from 2 and 3 counted.

Couldnt believe the amount of riders walking down some of the more natural stuff……they are in for a big shock if they have entered Alwinton/Kidland round.

Good days riding/racing though.

kimbers

an enduro race where the timings didnt work!

gazc
    Free Member

royal pain about the timings as my stages 1 and 2 were fine, got caught up in traffic on stage 3 (overtook 3 riders in front of me) and crashed into a tree trying to overtake one of them on the steep stuff 😳 need to brush up on my overtaking/shouting skillz! great day riding 😀

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Was good fun, my first enduro and I was a bit out of my depth on the DH runs in the slop, not used to pushing on when its like that after only one practice run.

Came off a few times but I wasn’t the only one! I think some of the first stage times were messed up, so it will just count stages 2 and 3 for the final results.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Secretly a little bit glad about the stage 1 timings as thats where I lost most time. 😛

gazc
    Free Member

results on line now

ROOTS AND RAIN

proutster
    Free Member

Yay, 28th out of 38 in Vets – I’m not embarrassed with that for my first attempt at Enduro.

Two questions:

1. Anyone know who was taking the photos, I’d quite like a pic of me mincing along in full Enduro gear 🙂
    2. We’re there really 80 odd DNFs, DNSs or no shows? I thought that there were 250 odd entrants, I was No. 243! I wonder how many people signed-on?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Some photo’s are now up on rootsandrain, from the first part of stage 1 (section 13). None of me bimbling though 🙁

https://www.rootsandrain.com/race2480/2014-mar-30-northern-enduro-1-hamsterley/photos/?p=5

There were 210 people altogether, 169 that finished so guessing the rest were DNF’s or decided to give it a miss after a practice.

43rd out of 55 in the senior’s which I don’t suppose was too bad for my first enduro, Gisburn is next in a few weeks, can’t wait! 🙂

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley enduro’ is closed to new replies.