Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hamsterley Conditions
  • t0mmm
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Anyone been up to Hamsterley the past day or two? Interested to know what the exposed areas are like (Trans/S13) as they tend to become bobsleigh runs in this weather!

jota180
    Free Member

It snowed Monday and Tuesday, and there’s more forecast so I can’t really see it being too fast for a while yet

righog
    Free Member

I want to go on Saturday, but think the driving conditions will dictate if I go, not the riding conditions.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Also planning to go on Saturday.

I think you’re probably right about the exposed areas, but should be fine in the trees.

t0mmm
    Free Member

Cheers guys, not so bothered about it being fast, just rideable! A few times it has just been complete sheet ice and a wasted journey, anyway it’s supposed to snow more tomorrow so that might decide it.

righog
    Free Member

Riding in the snow is cool.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chubby-funster

even if nobody elese agreed 😥

neninja
    Free Member

I suspect it will be very icy up there – it’s been -3 during the day round here for the last few days.

With a fresh fall of snow on top of sheet ice it will be lethal.

Here’s a video a friend took at Hamsterley recently of a couple of lads struggling up the fire road up from the Grove Car park –

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB_9HvzpdlU[/video]

muddy247
    Free Member

We went last Sunday and it was starting to thaw out. With the snow this week it will be very slippy on Transmission and section 13.

joeegg
    Free Member

Went up walking there today with the dog.
    There was no sheet ice on the Grove,in fact all the tracks looked pretty grippy with a thin covering of snow.The skills area looked really clear of ice.Theres been no thawing then re-freezing.
    Would have quite happily ridden the mtb up there this morning but the bitter cold would have got to me.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

So in the interest of going there tomorrow morning, has anyone got any further updates please?

t0mmm
    Free Member

Ditto, anyone braved it today?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley Conditions’ is closed to new replies.