Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hamsterley
  • dickydutch

I've ridden the red route here, but seem to remember not being too inspired. Am I missing something obvious? I'm hoping that a local hamsterley guru might pop up and reveal a wealth of knowledge with regards to a decent 2 hour ride there for one evening after work.
    Any suggestions appreciated!

neil853
    Free Member

try the black, short but good. Oh but avoid if its wet because its awful 😯

dickydutch

awful as in wet and slippy or just a mudfest? Or, both!?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neil853
    Free Member

Mudfest, wet and slippy would be ok. It has some nice singletrack though, really nice. some of the new stuff near the DH car park is excellent. I think the black would be perfect for a nightride though, just hard work in the wet

dickydutch

excellent. well heres hoping that these winds dry it out enough to be fun next week!

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Anything you do at Hamsterley now has to include the new Red trail (Section 13) which runs downhill from the top of the 4X course, then follow the black down to the bottom of the valley – it's the law! Sort of thing you can loop round and do again, it really is that good. Be interesting to see the new trail on the other side of the valley too when it's finished, they're just clearing trees at the mo.

warton
    Free Member

the guys at Hamsterley really seem to have turned things round. the old red was awful, but all I hear is great things about the new stuff, must get up there again!

dickydutch

This all sounds promising! Im excited now!

davebarrie
    Free Member

I rode Hamsterley Red Route two weeks back.

The new top section is great fun – especially the cork-screw bermy bit. BUT we decided to continue the loop without realising quite how long it was or how little singletrack it involved (literally about twenty meters before the carpark – no joke). It was just endless firetrack…do correct me if I'm completely wrong.

Tried a bit of the Black (turning right at the bottom of the new section), but it was very rutted and messy…bit of a chore really.

Have fun!

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

did the red on sunday, the new section 13 was very good sessioned that 3 times and to be honest wish i just stayed there as like davebarry said the rest of the red route contained almost no singletrack and was all fire road, it also only seemed to go up, the downhills were not that inspired, just really fast on a fire road and its over…more climbing!
    it was a good day out though and hamsterley are clearly making improvements.

i remember doing it a few years ago and im sure the black used to be the red, am i right does anyone know?

Valleyboy
    Free Member

do the black and just ride section 13 few times, theres also a really good piece of singletrack off the 4×4 route, you go down the first decent and take an immediate right after the first jump (i think its a set of doubles), the route takes you to same fire road as section 13, its tight technical and loads of fun

i'm going there tomorrow wet or not, personally i don't think its that bad in the wet, bearing in mind your ridding outside in all the elements, just be prepared to get a bit wet and muddy

Cheers

Nick

amodicumofgnar

Sod that, Yad Moss is open tomorrow – its time to go skiing.

CrispyCSW

Drop me a mail (address in profile) and I'll send you a fun route.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley’ is closed to new replies.