Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,819 total)
  • Hampshire Riding
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks, will keep you posted @thom happy to have company but it my well be a cheeky midweek expedition, You’ll need to be patient at my speed but its mostly flat to downhill so how bad can it be ? 😉

cinnamon_girl

Hampshire Food Festival – a celebration of local food and farming 1st-31st July.

Lots going on especially for kids. Free programme available from various outlets. More info:

http://www.hampshirefare.co.uk/

LAT

@Jambalaya – what’s happening near Yarmouth? I was reading an IoW riding thread recently. There was mention of a wood with trails. Is this related? or is the New Forrest becoming even more anti-bike? 😉

Edit – Having taken a moment to read the posts above, I’m guessing Kimberly copse.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Anyone tried the new blue decent yet at QECP? rode past it during the day/night race and it looks fast and fun

mattbee

Top bit mega fast and the berms are sweet. Bottom section is flatter and a bit wide arm as its machine dug and surfaced but I expect in 12 months time will be narrower, rougher and more fun given how well the climb has bedded in.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Going to try it out tomorrow Mattbee, have ridden the top section a few times and it has a habit of lulling you into a false sense of awesomeness. I have almost had incidents and the stark reminder that I am not awesome at all 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@LAT I just meant that the mtb riding on the IOW is probably better than the New Forest (more road / cx ?) – there are a few STWers who live there (StefDef ?)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve done all the routes on my CXer at QECP, it’s a good place to play around.

cinnamon_girl

Just a headsup that we had a very nice lunch at The Anvil Tea Room in Bishops Waltham and their outside seating area was most pleasant. We walked it off by strolling around the Palace ruins which are highly recommended.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Today’s ride highlight….Being asked, “Is this where Watership Down was filmed?”

Pics later.

jambalaya
    Free Member

8) happy to see some photos

Torrential rain in Paris all weekend, not surprised about the accident with the lightening it just arrived instantly – one clap and gone – shook the windows 😐

singletrackmind

CG Glad you enjoyed it , its always a worry when you recomend somewhere and for whatever reason the venue fails to live up expectations.
    Been many times ( had my initial new job interveiw there) and its always been OK.
    Fab ride in Houghtn Forest on sunday , 35 road miles today not so good, busy roads and a pesky headwind. Did manage to hit 28mph on the way home over the bridge onto Hayling as the wind was dead astern and gusting.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only one worked out OK.

Gnarmac bikes – Making easy trails more exciting! 🙂

corroded
    Free Member

I’ll second that. Plus I overtook every mtber I saw ahead of me on the SDW over the weekend on my Grade. I think I’ve found my middle-aged metier.

thomthumb
    Free Member

first (road) ride out for a long time today. Was great out stopped at cholderton farm shop for some lovely cakes. then at daisy’s for some coffee. Both highly recommended. Lovely out, i’m shattered now though!

Might have spotted the cap’n too? Grately way today?

http://www.choldertonfarmshop.co.uk
    http://houghtonlodge.co.uk/daisys-of-houghton/

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Am I being stalked?

I was indeed around that part of the world today. 🙂 I hope I remembered to wave at least!

domtastic
    Free Member

I popped up to Farley Mount last night for the first time. I need to do some more exploring up there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thom, thinking about it, were you in the group overtaking the horse?

bikebouy
    Free Member

PJ266
    Free Member

Hoe road above Hambledon Bikebouy?

thomthumb
    Free Member

CF. could be, definitely saw horses, can’t remember if that was near ‘you’ or not. Four fellas in green & black kit.

Great photo BB.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, beautiful innit 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lovely evening. Cheesfoot / SDW nice and dry. Tactical breather

corroded
    Free Member

Always nice to see some poppies. Just back from a mixed ride from West Sussex (boo!) to Old Winchester Hill and Meon Valley.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice. I fueled and hydrated up for this evenings ride with lunch in Thomas Lord West Meon 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Some great pics of moody skies and poppies. 😀

Cap’n – have been enjoying Hebridean leg of lamb and flavoursome organic broccoli from guess where. 🙂

Very much missing Hampshire trails. 🙁

brassneck

Very much missing Hampshire trails.

You’re not missing much, it’s lashing it down. Apparently I’m doing a hike with the Cubs this evening. Looks like I’m the lightning conductor 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been paddleboarding in drizzle this morning 😀

And now..

The suns out and it’s bloody lovely.

8)

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ are you on the coast tomorrow evening ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Off on a trip across the Netherlands and leaving early morning, just finishing packing the bike now.. 8)

Be away for at least a week, haven’t decided when to come back yet 😀

Are you up for a pootle or beer ?? Be great to meet up.

cinnamon_girl

Just bumping this:

Hampshire Food Festival – a celebration of local food and farming 1st-31st July.

Lots going on especially for kids. Free programme available from various outlets. More info:

http://www.hampshirefare.co.uk/

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thomthumb – Member
    CF. could be, definitely saw horses, can’t remember if that was near ‘you’ or not. Four fellas in green & black kit.

That sounds right. Again, I hope I managed a wave at least!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Are you up for a pootle or beer ?? Be great to meet up.

Would be great to meet up but I probably won’t be around much till September now

cobrakai

Bishops Waltham, milburys then SDW to Amberley tomorrow. Last big ride before sdw in a day in 2 weeks.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jam, never gonna happen.

Cobraki, have fun, the trails are a bit slippy under the trees.

cobrakai

I’m looking forward to it. Good tail wind forecast!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Jam, never gonna happen.

?

cobrakai

Left the house at 10am and was early for the train in Amberley at 3pm. Usually ride mid week and was peed off that I had to share the route with lots more people!

Muke
    Free Member

Looking good out near Preston Candover this morning

cinnamon_girl

Nice pic there Muke, it’s truly lovely around the Candover Valley. 😀

Imber

Open days have been changed by the MoD so new info here:

http://www.imberchurch.org.uk/

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,819 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.