Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hamper recommendations please
  • chakaping
    Free Member

My wife keeps dropping hints that she wants a hamper for Xmas. Previously I've thought they're a bit of a rip off when you look at what you get and the overall cost, but I like to make her happy.

Anyone recommend good value, high-quality food hamper retailers? Italian or British food preferred I suppose. She's breastfeeding so minimal alcohol req'd.

Cheers!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Waitrose would be a good bet, IMO .

soma_rich
    Free Member

Make one yourself would be easy and you get to put joke bits in the bottom 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Easy – get a wicker basket then go to the discount shelf at your local supermarket and buy all the dented tins of Pek ham and Frey Bentos pies.

I really don't understand hampers – saw a piece on breakfast telly the other day – something like £78 for a hamper from Parks (?).

Contents value – £17.

chakaping
    Free Member

Make one yourself would be easy and you get to put joke bits in the bottom

She'd quite like one that was just full of cakes actually.

Doing one myself is a bloody good idea tbh, then I get to pick food I like. Erm, I mean she likes.

So where to buy a hamper basket then? ebay?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

TK to the Maxx

sofatester
    Free Member

but I like to make her happy

Perhaps an Anne Summers hamper and a few blue pills would be a better choice then? 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

So where to buy a hamper basket then? ebay?

Amazon would be a start. I was looking at picnic hampers (i.e.. with plates etc in not food) for a Christmas present for someone, and saw that there are lots of empty hampers for sale on there.

BigJohn

The Independent has got a review of hampers today. Buy a paper or it might be up on their website.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers guys, especially like the Maxx suggestion.

I'll take any excuse to go and have a rummage there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hamper recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.