• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hamish MacInnes film
  • sparksmcguff

It’s on in Scotland just now. Guessing it’s on iPlayer. An amazing guy. Worth a watch.

somafunk

I caught it on iPlayer a while ago, its a cracking documentary and hamish is a bloody legend to lovers of the outdoors

Davesport

Excellent shout, Thanks. I’m away to look this up.

boblo
    Free Member

Is that the one that covers his mental health as its core topic?

Davesport

Is that the one that covers his mental health as its core topic?

Partly! Yes.

sparksmcguff

They use an episode of his life when he was sectioned to enable him to tell his story. In a way it’s slightly disappointing that more detail isn’t gone into. But MacInnes life is so dense that each episode could be a film in its own right.

Spin
    Free Member

In a way it’s slightly disappointing that more detail isn’t gone into

I enjoyed it but finished feeling I didn’t know him much better.

sparksmcguff

I enjoyed it but finished feeling I didn’t know him much better.

Definitely, and it touches on things like his safety, skills development and film work but unless you know something already about him you don’t realise just how much of an impact he had and your left thinking “hey wait u want to know more”.
    All I can add is read what you can about him. It’s quite likely he’s touched your life without you realising.

Spin
    Free Member

All I can add is read what you can about him. It’s quite likely he’s touched your life without you realising.

As a climber for 30+ years I definitely realise!

That’s probably what the problem with the documentary was for me, I already knew loads about him so whilst it was nice to see the photos and footage it didn’t tell me much that was new. Guess that’s always a balancing act with any documentary.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hamish MacInnes film’ is closed to new replies.