• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by RRD.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hamax Siesta Child Seat – Rubbing on Tyre
  • bratty

Hi, my child seat is rubbing on the back tyre when I go over bumps, and although you can get adapters for small frames, I can only find the adapters for to solve forward and backward inclines. As I think I only need about an extra 2 or 3 cms of clearance, would one of these do the trick? In theory I would guess one to solve a backward slope would, but has anyone any experience of this?

Ta

random1.andy
    Free Member

Had the same problem when fitting exactly the same seat to my wifes (small) bike month or so ago, ended up getting an extension adapter from Halfords for about £22 which they ordered in next day for me. The seat now fits my bike and the wifes without any problems.

lrd
    Free Member

Suggest ordering the proper thing if poss. Same issue here on my 16″ frame although I can use it on my 17″. Next issue will be heel clearance so you really want to get it right up and out the way rather than just fix the tyre clearance issue.

bratty

Cheers for the replies, but i have managed to raise the seat enough now by fitting the front mech cable stop between the bands on the bracket… all sorted ok 🙂

RRD
    Free Member

Funnily enough

Just fitted a hamax smiley to my wife’s bike and had to fit the bands across the cable outer stop too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hamax Siesta Child Seat – Rubbing on Tyre’ is closed to new replies.