Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Halo Vapour 50 Rim (29)
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Any good?

Was going for a Scraper, but everyone’s out of stock

No experience with the Vapour, so please chime in

Cheers

nixie

I’ve got a pair of the 35’s in 650b. Built on easily and happy with them so far (1 year old). They seem nicely made to me and you can’t argue with the price 😀

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Got a 29er 50 on the front of the tandem and a 35 on the rear (shame the finishes dont quite match), running ours will a 3.25 bulldozer on and it took a bit of extra sealant to seal the 50 first time around as it seemed to leak a little through the joint but absolutely fine since then, does the job its supposed to fine as it does take a fair amount of battering too. 35 has been great too, seems very strong as well. I’d use them again if I was building a plus bike for myself.

bedmaker

I have the 50mm B+ ones.

Build up easily, nice and straight. Work excellent tubeless as there’s a nice big ‘shelf’ for the bead to sit in.
    As good as anything out there I reckon, unless you’re desperate for light weitgh.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Great, I’ll go for it

Thanks for the replies 🙂

bikesian65
    Free Member

I have some built up and for a while they were the rims from hell – couldn’t get them to go up tubeless ( with an airshot) , put a tube in and then had a 1hr struggle to get the tyre off , tried tubeless again and it then worked – funny thing is the tyres come off very easy now ( guess the tyre selant acts as a lubricant)

So if you dont have the capacity for ‘ operator error’ that I have then they are probably ok – I would go for the scrapers if I was doing it again – I think chain reaction have I45 scrapers in stock

bonesetter
    Free Member

Hmmm, as I’m in no rush to get this wheel built up I might hold out for the Scraper’s to come back in stock, thanks

nixie

TO be fair biksian65’s issues could be the tyre/tubeless technique rather than the rim. The fact that the tyre would not go up but then did after having a tube suggests the tyre could be the issue.

bikesian65
    Free Member

Yes to be fair one of the tyres was a WTB werwolf from some time ago and it was really tight – the only thing that i didn’t like about them was that there a couple of holes near where the bead seats ( for manufacture I suppose) I ended putting rim tape over them

I would advise using soapy water when first putting the tyre on

bedmaker

For balance, I found them the easiest rims I’ve ever used tubeless. Easily inflated (with some soapy water as is standard :wink:) and a very burp proof bead grip.
    Only comparable ones were my Nextie carbon fatbike ones, now they really were quite hard to remove tyres from.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Halo Vapour 50 Rim (29)’ is closed to new replies.