Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Halo sports wash discontinued at Sainsbury's
  • doof_doof
    Free Member

I’ve tried the vinegar, Dettol, and Napisan, you name it, none worked. Halo restored previously rancid commuting softshells and thermals that were headed for the bin to their former glory. Cheap way to get extra life out of old gear IMO.

Edit: I’ve never paid 7 pounds for the stuff, and I only used it in a wash once a week. I find this is enough to ward off the odours, so a bottle lasts months.

RustySpanner

Er, I’m sure it works.
    For £7.00 a litre it bloody well should.

I’ve always used soapflakes for breathable stuff & Napisan as a stench remover.
    They’ve always worked fine

I haven’t got any stinky stuff at the mo, but I WILL try some if I stink up a shirt again.

Can’t say fairer than that, can I?

GrahamS

See there you go. One satisfied customer.

Personally I’ve never found anything that Napisan can’t sort – but if I ever do then I’ll probably give Halo a go.

(But only then!)

crikey
    Free Member

Meh, you’re all mad, mad I tell thee!

I’ve never suffered from stinky stuff so I suppose I can’t comment on the miracle properties of the stuff that unstinks your kit.

I am getting old, and I am disillusioned with the world, and you’ll have to pry my cynicism from my cold dead hands, probably with ‘New Miracle Cynicism Remover, which removes cynicism 20% quicker than other brands of ….’

GrahamS

I’ve never suffered from stinky stuff

Probably best to let others be the judge of that 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Nah, if I was a superhero, my power would be not smelling. I can do 100 miles on the road bike and maybe have a slight whiff of exercise, ride to work 5 days a week and perhaps think about washing my base layer, but only because I think I should, not ‘cos of the smell.

I suppose it’s a blessing.

Farting, on the other hand…………..

GrahamS

I can lend you a toddler if you like. Remarkably good at cutting through social etiquette and telling you like it is:
    “Daddy, you smell bad”

But if you really don’t smell then blimey!
    I’m riding to work five days a week at the mo and tend to wear two or three different tops as they all get a bit pongy.

On the plus side, if we were still relying in pheromones to find mates then I’d be genetically superior 😀

crikey
    Free Member

Nope, where I work if you smell, you get told.
    In front of your workmates, in detail…

I just don’t smell.

Maybe I’m some kind of vampire.

montarius
    Free Member

I also tried all of the above solutions but none worked on my old sports tops. This product has prevented me from throwing tops out so worth the £4 a bottle for me.. Don’t use it every time, only every other time so lasts ages.

Other benefit is that this work really well at 30 degrees and keeps my lycra in good nic 😉

GrahamS

My washing machine is so old it doesn’t have an option for 30° washes 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’ll go and ask the butler to go ask the maid to go and ask what the washer woman thinks.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I used to use non bio powders and had stinky clothes. Changed to bio and the stink has gone.

I also have some cycling gear that is now 10+ years old that has been washed in bio, and not fallen apart.

I’d been more concerned about the nasty sweat stuff coming from your body rotting the clothes, or the effect of all that grinding mud doing damage than a cleaning agent. Of course the marketing departments haven’t told you that wearing clothes will do them more harm than washing them…

Jamie
    Free Member

So now we need special washing liquid for our sports clothing, because we sweat in a special way when doing our special activity?

FFS…

Stop being such a hipster, Crikey. The stuff is £4, so cheaper than most, and people like it.

FuzzyWuzzy

Soapflakes are nothing like Halo, I use soapflakes for a gentle wash on jackets coated with DWR but Halo is designed to be anti-bacterial at low temps – something which soapflakes aren’t. Granny used to wash stuff at 60c and wouldn’t have a clue what lycra is – washing sweaty sports stuff at 30c is very different.
    As for where to get it – I had to switch to the Tesco stuff when they discontinued Halo, seems OK though

zilog6128

ASDA also do their own brand antibacterial “sports wash”. It’s very cheap. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if it had exactly the same stuff in it/effect as Halo. Not tried it (or Halo) though so couldn’t say.

GrahamS

Halo is designed to be anti-bacterial at low temps – something which soapflakes aren’t.

But Napisan is! 😀

minipc
    Free Member

for anyone who is interested, i had no problem finding halo sports wash detergent at my local sainsburys store, today. i just walked in, and picked a bottle off the shelf. which was a lot easier than either signing up for this site or leaving this message. the moral being, don’t believe everything you read on the internet, or expect it to be easy to leave a comment to help others who might be mislead by out of date information.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Seems it’s just my local branch then. I live somewhere where people don’t do sport or don’t care if they stink. It could be either, or both. Good to know it’s still out there.

vincienup
    Free Member

I was under the impression that it wasn’t the detergent that was the issue for breathable and DWR fabrics so much as the built in fabric conditioner.

Plenty of non ‘2in1’ options. I like Ecover.

IHN

Napisan FTW.

dirtydog
    Free Member
    BillOddie

Halo is also available on Wiggle again after being “discontinued” for a few mmonths.

Certainly wasn’t available last time i looked!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Halo sports wash discontinued at Sainsbury's’ is closed to new replies.