Halo sports wash discontinued at Sainsbury's

Home Forum Bike Forum Halo sports wash discontinued at Sainsbury's

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Halo sports wash discontinued at Sainsbury's
  • Jamie

Really? That’s a bit rubbish. I think they were the last supermarket left to sell it. Luckily I have 4 in cupboard, so have backup supplies.

Wiggle is the next option, but OOS till September.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/halo-proactive-sports-wash-laundry-detergent-1-litre/

Edit: It’s still on the Sainsbury’s website, you sure they are not just out of stock?

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Soap flakes from Boots?

Works for me.

FunkyDunc

Eh, Persil works for me, but perhaps I’m not living the washing powder dream

Subscriber

What size box?

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Anyone know where else we can get it from?

Jamie

Eh, Persil works for me, but perhaps I’m not living the washing powder dream

Who let the luddite in here? Shouldn’t you be smashing up some looms, and chasing photographers for stealing your soul?

dan1980

Larger tescos sell dripak liquid soap flakes which work well

zelak999

Seriously???

thepodge

Tesco also do their own brand sports wash. However I must stink as neither seem to make much difference to my wash

Jamie

Seriously???

Deadly.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

That’s what the wife was told earlier today by customer service in the store

FunkyDunc

Ok educate me, what does this wonderful ‘sports’ product do that other washing powders can not do?

Edric 64

I have always used soapflakes to wash technical kit before reproofing

DrP

I just rub a handful of Lye powder over and around my nether regions for that sparkling finish the laydeez love…

DrP

Jamie

Ok educate me, what does this wonderful ‘sports’ product do that other washing powders can not do?

Personally? It makes me faster.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Basically, kills the bugs that makes it stink. Seems to work and I like the smell of it.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

Just had a call back from Sainsbury’s customer service team.

Seems it was discontinued on the 3rd August. If they get enough interest, they may bring it back. So, for those who are interested, give them a bell on 0800 636262 and ask them to put in a product request.

Bit of a first world problem I know but I like the stuff and I know others do.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

£2.60 for 500g

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

Doesn’t Napisan bleach the colour out? I bought some a while back but haven’t had the guts to use it yet.

Jamie

£2.50 for 800g in Tesco…

Edit:

Doesn’t Napisan bleach the colour out? I bought some a while back but haven’t had the guts to use it yet.

😯

Anyway, I am ok for this year, as Halo rich at the moment.

Gary_M

Spray smelly tops with white vinegar, leave for about 30 mins then wash with soap flakes/napisan/halo. No more sweaty smell.

Halo is easier to use as no mixing required.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

£2.50 for 800g in Tesco…

Barginz. (Mine was the price from Wilko – first hit on Google – no idea where the missus actually buys it from as laundry and shopping is quite clearly woman’s work) 😉

Doesn’t Napisan bleach the colour out?

Been fine on all my stuff so far – black endura baggies and bib shorts, various dhb lycra, gore tops, helmet pads, gloves etc all fine.

montarius

Upsetting news. I stocked up when I saw it in Sainsbury’s as the price was much better than Wiggle, only 1/4 of a bottle left. Might have to use the rest of the bottle every other wash.

Will have to try that Napisan stuff..

thepodge

I’ve read vinegar is a good alternative but only on 100% cotton as it eats plastic so not sure how well it’ll work on sports clothes

julesf7

Would love to use Halo but it claims not to be suitable for houses with septic tanks due to the anti-biological efficiency. Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative, or has experienced using Halo with a septic tank and found it doesn’t knock it out?

Gary_M

I’ve read vinegar is a good alternative but only on 100% cotton as it eats plastic so not sure how well it’ll work on sports clothes

Works fine on lycra and merino.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative

As above, soap flakes or napisan.

montarius

Just got back from a trip to Sainsburys. They had 4 left on the shelf, now I have 4 left on my shelf 🙂

Worth checking your local stores and stock up before they sell out.

FunkyDunc

What’s wrong with biological Persil etc?

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Bio makes me itchy.

crikey

So now we need special washing liquid for our sports clothing, because we sweat in a special way when doing our special activity?

FFS…

Subscriber

crikey – Member

So now we need special washing liquid for our sports clothing, because we sweat in a special way when doing our special activity?

FFS…

No, we just need detergent free soap for breathable stuff. 🙂

crikey

No, we just need detergent free soap for breathable stuff

So that would be soap then?
    Like the soap flakes my granny used to buy, or the liquid soap that I buy?

I know it isn’t branded as a ‘sports wash’, but still…

FFS again.

Cycling isn’t the new golf anymore, we’re way past that comparison.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Napisan is what granny used to buy to get the lingering smells and poo stains out of cloth nappies and baby clothes.

It works very well at removing sweaty smells from cycling gear by killing all the smell-producing bugs.

Don’t see what the issue is frankly?

crikey

The issue for me is that you are being sold something which taps into that whole ‘you are a sportsman, different to the every day folk, so buy this special washing liquid for your special clothes’.

As you and I have said, there are cheaper, as effective yet much less glamorous alternatives available.

I despair at the way the heavy hand of the marketing department seems to be turning my world into shit.

Subscriber

Yep. 😀

I use this stuff –

Just like yer gran.

It’s exactly the same as all the other stuff, including the liquid soap you buy, but cheaper.

I despair at the way the heavy hand of the marketing department seems to be turning my world into shit.

Be careful, you appear to be turning into me. 😀
    You’ll have people accusing your wife of adultery on wheel size threads before you know it. 🙂

Seriously, this sports wash stuff is money for old rope.
    It’s madness.
    I can’t believe that people actually fall for it.

crikey

The world is changing and not for the better, and this is a good example of why. We are being asked to pay more money for something with no added value, being duped by ‘science’, being marketed at, by people who know that they are selling a basic product at an inflated price and that it will sell because it taps into the zeitgeist, it affirms a difference, it bolsters an ego, it makes a difference where none exists.

Hate it, hate where we are headed, hate what we will become, hate the way the price of things is so devolved from their actual value.

Getting old, my sight is less good than it was, but some things become much clearer…

Subscriber

Hang on for a bit, someone will be along to call you paranoid and tell you that you’re not contributing to the capitalist dream.
    🙂
    Just throw peanuts from the cheap seats.
    They HATE that. 😀

neninja

Spoken by people who have clearly never used the product.

My synthetic sports gear gets smelly and some t-shirts develop a smell that seems to arrive when you get sweaty. After using Halo, no more bad smelling kit and you use stuff a couple of times before needing to wash it again.

So forget the anticapitalist rubbish. It’s a product that works and some of us are happy to pay for. It cost no more than most other wash liquids anyway.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

The world is changing and not for the better, and this is a good example of why. We are being asked to pay more money for something with no added value

Have you actually tried Halo? I haven’t.

It may well be better than soap flakes and/or Napisan.
    It seems pretty popular. I like to think I’d give it a try before dismissing everyone that uses it as gullible idiots.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Halo sports wash discontinued at Sainsbury's’ is closed to new replies.