Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Halo 29R wheels
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Seem to get good reports. Anyone actually got some? And like them?
    I like the price, will I like the wheels?

Cheers

Matt

andyl
    Free Member

I wanted some a while back but couldnt find any. Also heard very good reports, one in person from a very tall and well built (and thus not light) guy who has lots of 29er experience.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

I’m 6’4 and 15 stone….where does he live? I’ll have his wheels? 😉

Charlie’s got some apparently. Just need to shift some stuff on ebay and I’m nearer finishing the Inbred SS.

andyl
    Free Member

Ison distribution supply them I think so any place with an account with them can get them and build them for you. But Charlie knows his stuff so I am not surprised he sells them.

coastkid
    Free Member

Freedom rims with Hope hubs, Now on the Fargo but used to run these on the Karate Monkey, loads of miles, their 32mm wide which i like 🙂

Think it was Billys i got them from

cheviots,cannon 003 by coastkid71, on Flickr

ska-49
    Free Member

Im running the Halo wheelset. Managed to get them on discount for £160 for the wheelset. Really cant complain. Staid true and tough. Ive abused them plenty. Only gripe I have is the weight but its not noticeable. Ive done some long XC rides.

gee
    Free Member

The 29er wheels aren’t the same as Freedom Discs – they have a different rim which is “normal” profile and loads lighter. They run XCD hubs which are light and simple to service. Really good value wheels.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Topping the list at the moment, cheers for the info folks.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’m 6’4 and 15 stone

Pfft – 6’7″ and over 17 stone – had FreedomR rims and got a Halo rear wheel – never had a problem with any of them.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

It wasn’t a boast TooTall 😉

And cheers for the info. Just need the money now……

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Halo 29R wheels’ is closed to new replies.