Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Halfords Voodoo Hoodoo, best price, discount codes, cash back challenge?
  • matty456
    Free Member

OK STW discount code experts! Possible purchase for my 14 year old son, he’s 6ft so looking at an 18″ frame. I know I get 10% off if I join British Cycling, 4.5% cash back through quidco for all halfords in store sales. That’s down to £385 so far. Anyone know of any others I can add?

Ta very much.

Conan257
    Free Member

Off Topic:

14 years old, already 6ft, I’d get a 20″ personally…

I’m 5’9″ and ride an 18″ bike. It wouldn’t take long for him to find it short in height and length!

ski
    Free Member

Pay a crackhead to steal one for you

Ram raid

Steal a credit card

Walk in and take one without paying for it

Tell your son it’s paid for and all he has to do is pick it up

Mug a mugger

Take out a loan from a loan shark

Dig a hole from the car park tunnel underneath and take one

Wait for another meteor to take the roof out then climb in and take one

Beg outside until you have enough coins to buy one

Sell your body to medical science and ask for a advance

Dress up as a halfords employee tell the staff you are a head office tester and cycle it out

Pretend you are a mystery shopper, but forgot your credit card

Make one out of matchsticks, your son will never st the difference

Conan257
    Free Member

Probably difficult to add any more without running into issues…

I’ve had a few quidco cashbacks rejected before now for stacking discount codes etc.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve known different halfords have different prices so maybe ring around a few stores

richi
    Free Member

sack biking off and make him a basketball player if already 6ft at 14, what the hell you feeding him!!!!!

mildred

I was 5’11” at 13. I was easily the tallest in my year. I haven’t grown one bit since and I’m now 42. Get the bike that fits him NOW – the chances are that he’ll stop growing and be lumbered with a too big bike that he doeasn’t want to ride. I speak from experience of 23.5″ Raleigh Scirroco roadbike that my dad said I’d grow into but never did.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I just bought a large number of them for £320 each, bulk discount.

I can’t think of a better way to spend £320, considering you can pay that for a seat post these days. Kind of puts it into perspective.

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

How about see if your employer will sign up to the cycle to work scam I mean scheme.

don’t forget if you do use your BC 10% discount you need to print off the voucher from their web sit and take it in with you.

matty456
    Free Member

Thanks for the response STW, I will be getting one that fits him now, he can ride my bike no probs and that’s an 18″ frame. Think it’s a good buy too and will upgrade parts as and when.

Over and out!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Halfords Voodoo Hoodoo, best price, discount codes, cash back challenge?’ is closed to new replies.