Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Halfords Ad. This is why we ride bikes.
  • martinhutch

Lovely. Even has a angry, bitter roadie, so everyone’s covered!

Drac

lues: Robinsons 0:28 “I am your father”

Yeah think we all spotted that one. Another when he’s pushing the roundabout he gets out of breath.

Halfords the guy at 10 seconds reminds me of someone who once posted on here.

Crell
    Free Member

The clever thing with the Robinson’s one is once you’ve seen it a few times you see loads of clues.

There are many, and really obvious when you watch it the second time (after you mentioned to look for the clues 🙂 , in a – “how did I miss that” way).

Very clever ad – they earned their money on that one.

mattjg
    Free Member

Halfords the guy at 10 seconds reminds me of someone who once posted on here.

That’s the hardest working most committed rider on the hill.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

That Robinson’s ad should come with a health warning “May unleash suppressed emotions” 😥

dibboid
    Free Member

Just shown the Mrs the Halfords ad and she picked up on something. …. All those roadies beaten by a chubby girl after a ice cream. 😯

Drac

Chubby really?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes, a little bit and then an ice cream!!! So hopefully the cycling bug will kick in and help. Then perhaps the kids will not use old concentrate levels of squash when using new double strength stuff (canny old Robinson’s!).

Apart from that nit-picking, lovely ads. My younger son really likes the Robinsons one.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

They both brilliant.

Damn summer, open windows have let the dust blow in…

frazchops
    Free Member

People still watch regular tv? Weird.

jamj1974

Robinsons one clearly the best. Coincidentally and unusually the pollen seems to be affecting my eyes…

sobriety
    Free Member

I got the robinsons at the stone into river scene (0:07) do I get a prize?

eyerideit
    Free Member

Is Halfords saying leaving bikes on the middle of road and running off to get an ice cream ok?

It’s just dangerous! I mean they already caused one pile up.

Reckless behaviour – totally spoilt the advert for me.

*right, I’m off to get this stick removed*

😉

martinhutch

Of course, Robinson’s nicked the idea off Halfords in the first place, to complete the circle…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtjDai7H2-E[/video]

This was another belter.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Particularly accurate is all the kids dropping their bikes in the middle of the road on the finish line – dead right.
    Between this ad, the odd PSA and their professional range of spanners/sockets they’re looking OK (ish)

D0NK

‘kin brilliant! (OP)

<edit>Not seen that robinsons one before…..yes it is dusty in here.

tonyd

Great ads but Robinsons FTW here. On that note, I’m going to finish early and go and see my pals.

maccruiskeen

People still watch regular tv? Weird.

No – they paste youtube links for adverts into forums and social media sites so that you can watch the ads without the annoying programmes in between, and so the advertisers don’t have to pay for as many advertising slots on TV. Win win 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

i guess you need to be a parent to cry at the Robbo ad? lost on me then

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Both brilliant. The halfords ad bridges nicely between our perception of semi pro cycling all the way through regular adult cycling and children. The little girl enjoying her victory ice cream made me giggle esp.

Robinsons is really clever: the brand becomes mixed up with that warm feeling of family connection. The sense that we wanted our dad to be our best friend, and how we want to be our kid’s best friend. That will have me buying robinsons for sure

Drac

i guess you need to be a parent to cry at the Robbo ad? lost on me then

Or remember the days you’d spend playing with your Dad.

slackalice
    Free Member

Late to the party, very funny Halfords ad and from watching the Robinson’s I’ve definitely got unresolved stuff with my dad. Spontaneous tears.

Wonderful 🙂

big_scot_nanny

Halfords add is great, but that robinson’s one caught me completely by surprise. Good god I can hardly see. 😳

seavers
    Free Member

“By the way if anyone here is in advertising or marketing… kill yourself. No, no, no it’s just a little thought. I’m just trying to plant seeds.
    Maybe one day, they’ll take root – I don’t know. You try, you do what you can. Kill yourself. Seriously though, if you are, do. Aaah, no really, there’s no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan’s little helpers, Okay – kill yourself – seriously. You are the ruiner of all things good, seriously.”

Bill hicks.

brakes
    Free Member

damn you bencooper!
    after witnessing my boy take his first steps this evening, then watching videos of him on the swings today making farty noises, I watched that Robinsons video completely unexpectant of the end. I’m still fighting back the tears… 😥

allyharp

Think you probably have to be a parent to get the Robinson’s one… anyone agree? I’m not, and I’m completely indifferent to it.

This is the only advert that’s stood out on tv for me recently:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu9sWjnJFHU[/video]

I’m not a dog owner either for what it’s worth.

bencooper
    Free Member

Think you probably have to be a parent to get the Robinson’s one… anyone agree? I’m not, and I’m completely indifferent to it.

Maybe. Things like that certainly affect me a lot more than they did before we had a kid. In fact having a kid seems to have messed with my head in many ways.

theotherjonv

my Dad’s having a tumour taken out of his neck tomorrow morning. I’m going to take him some Robinson’s squash when I go to visit him now.

seadog101

Mate I work with doesn’t get the Robinson ad.

He is not, and I hope never will be, a Dad.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m not a dad, with no intention of becoming one but the Robinson’s ad gives me a warm glow while I find the kid in the halfords one excessily bratish. Those two are not even in the same league.

boxelder

The best clue is the look of incomprehension as he patiently sits waiting while the lad plays on his game box.
    Taller shadow
    Lifting him up to the crossbar
    You’re getting better when chucking stones
    Doubled over knackered after running
    Carefully measuring the squash for correct 1:10 blend

All quality. My 9 yr gold’s just been away for 3 days, but coming out to play today happily

Drac

Yeah so many of them once you pay attention, very cleverly done.

Harry_the_Spider

The Robinson’s add has me blubbing like a big old tart.

mudshark
    Free Member

Robinson’s ad makes me think how useless my Dad was at being a Dad despite being a decent bloke.

lowcogger
    Free Member

I feel really lucky that me and my boy still play out on the bikes together. why??….cos he`s just gone 34 years old.
    mind you,i`ll never be able to lift him up to the crossbar on the goal posts any more 😆

northshoreniall

That Cesar ad had the wife and I shed a wee tear when saw it last week.very powerful stuff, didn’t seem to have same effect on our dog.

Drac

Caesar one did nothing for me funny the way things work.

parkesie
    Free Member

Best halfords advert ever form a couple of years ago.

Weeeeeee

curiousyellow
    Free Member

boxelder – Member
    The best clue is the look of incomprehension as he patiently sits waiting while the lad plays on his game box.
    Taller shadow
    Lifting him up to the crossbar
    You’re getting better when chucking stones
    Doubled over knackered after running
    Carefully measuring the squash for correct 1:10 blend

The reflection in the mirror on the stairs when he’s carrying the kid up to the bedroom.

alpin
    Free Member

Halfords Weeeeee…. brilliant!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz_3Y-nKmDw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVz_3Y-nKmDw[/video]

find the Robinsons ad annoying. had an incling that that was the twist. didn’t do anything for me. not a father.

the dog one i found really nice. made me feel warm inside. not a dog owner.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Halfords Ad. This is why we ride bikes.’ is closed to new replies.