Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Half fat BFe?
  • chvck
    Free Member

Since getting an Intense Tracer I’ve had a BFe frame sitting neglected in a box. I don’t want to build it back up as I had it previously, bit of a long travel hardtail type bike as I have the Tracer for that sort of stuff now. I’m considering turning it into a half fat with an upside down short travel fork on the front of it too. If it’s a bit different to my full sus then I’m more likely to ride it.

I’d to know what opinions people have on what this would be like to ride!

epicyclo

Why not?

Fat is more fun anyway.

But you may as well sell the Tracer now – once you’ve gone fat, there’s no way back. 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

haha, why not is pretty much my thinking too if I can find some fat bits second hand then I think it might be a go-er!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

works ok if you find a short enough fork, not sure what you mean by upside down fork?

qwerty
    Free Member

Why not experiment with a 69er, my Handjobs never been the same since I 69er’d.

mboy
    Free Member

If you’re going fat, IMO don’t bother with suspension up front anyway. You’d need to find either an old Marzocchi Shiver SC or probably a Maverick SC32 anyway (which means they’ll be old, and probably past their best), and with a BIG tyre up front you don’t really need suspension anyway. Besides, a rigid will hone your skills some more!

scotroutes

Remember that a fat 26″ tyre is about the same diameter as a 29″ tyre. Add in some suspension travel and you are going to have to check your head tube angle to make sure it’s not too slack to be ridable.

chvck
    Free Member

I think that you guys are right, I’ll try it with a rigid fork first and see how I get on. There’s something about a fat that just appeals!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Half fat BFe?’ is closed to new replies.