Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Haldon unofficial trails..?
  • philstone

Hi,
    Going to haldon tomorrow afternoon with a mate, last time we went we did the official routes but since then I’ve heard about the unofficial routes – can anyone let me know where they are and how to get to them?

Cheers

Phil 🙂

trailmonkey

couldn’t even begin to.

you need a guide.

singlespeedstu

I had a bit of a walk round there a while ago and found a few trails without even looking very hard.

jruk
    Free Member

There’s quite a good one close to the raptor trail just after the blue crosses the road for the first time – head off to the right and look for a pink-ish rag tied to a tree.

Have a pootle along some of the forestry roads on the cafe side and keep your eyes open, there are quite a few that cross them / start off them at random places. Finding them is half the fun.

scraprider
    Free Member

youll never string that many to form a good route , you need a quide.was up tonite with the lads , the trails are coverd in leaves which make it hard to follow any trail had a few mishapps and i know were im going lol.

jruk
    Free Member

Scrap – was thinking of Haldon for Sunday morning, what’s it like at the mo? Was up there a week or two ago and it was pretty bloomin’ wet, even on the marked tracks.

julianwilson
    Free Member

couldn’t even begin to.

you need a guide.

+1

scraprider
    Free Member

can only be described as mixed wet / dry tbh,who do you normally ride with and when .also have you got a black lab ??? its normally wife day on a sunday BUT if i can escape for a few hours i show you a few .no promises tho mate soz.
    Cheers Darren

amedias
    Free Member

+1 for needing a guide.

you might spot a ‘few’ of the trails as the cross other routes, but finding where they start and working out how to string them all together into a good ride will be next to impossible if you don’t have a local with you.

I’ve been riding up there for over a decade now and I still occasionally find a new bit or a new way to link old bits.

Matt

eviljoe
    Free Member

Was up there on Sunday- was pretty good and dry :-)St Andrews was dead quick ..

Did you have a good ride Darren?

Cheers for those brakes Matt …

eviljoe
    Free Member

doublepost…

scraprider
    Free Member

Hi joe , one of the best nites rides for along time , very hard for me to get out on. Wensday which is a shame as I’ve not seen you all for ages .I was also made redundant 6 weeks ago I’ve got another job but slightly different hours .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Haldon unofficial trails..?’ is closed to new replies.