Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • haldon st andrew’s end
  • Del

was up there last night and didn’t see it, but apparently there’s a sign up, according to a mate:

just off the gravel bend on the entrance to the top of Standrews.

basic gist of it: –

Trails are unsanctioned by owner and contrevene bylaw XXXX
    We’re felling summer 09 during which we will purposely destroy the trails

i know somone was posting here a while back and said that they had permission ( or that’s the interpretation i put on their post ).

any info out there?

doubt they’d mess with teapot or st. andrew’s ( well that’s a ROW ), but doesn’t sound good for the ‘full-face brigade’ over there. 🙁

sharki
    Free Member

Bugger, i’ve not yet ridden it…..next weds then!

But Del, is it better i never did then i’ll not now whats been lost, or shall i ride it then miss the chance to pwn it again many times over.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Sharki

There’s lots of decent DH stuff over that way if you know where to look 🙂

If it’s all going to be trashed then get yer @rse over there before its gone 🙁

trailmonkey

St Andrews won’t be trashed as it’s a ROW and apart from one or two of the lead ins, there’s no farmed timber there anyway.

Doesn’t sound good for the storm troopers though 🙁

neilforrow

I heard it will be all going, starting in April some time. 🙁

Spoke to the guy who owns the land (but rents it to the FC) he sometimes rides his trials bike up there…

Shame…

Burchy1
    Free Member

dont even get the credit do i Del… ‘mate’ pah! 😉

If they fell in the teapot sector which i doubt they will, we may need to resurect poo-bridges.

Sharki – some of the runs are fun, nice loamy switchbacks, but there’s also plently of doubles which are a bit big for me.

Del

dont even get the credit do i Del… ‘mate’ pah!

well there was nothing to stop you starting a thread! and i use the term loosely 🙂

Sharki,
    it is about time you sampled the full delights.

sharki
    Free Member

next weds then!
    Singlespeed and lycra.

trailmonkey

Me and Bagpuss are going to be there early on Weds if you don’t want to do a night ride Sharki.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

er, sorry to sound thick, but i’m guessing you’re not talking about st andrews in fife, cos i don’t recognise ‘haldon’…?

if you are, where abouts do you mean? i’d kinda like to know, cos i’m a student here…
    :S

sharki
    Free Member

mr monkey.
    St andrews in devon south west englandshire.

Errr mr brummie monkey.
    Both!

If i come down on tuesday pm to look at your roof…. Have some jars.sleep at yours ride haldon have dinner possibly start on your roof, then night ride, etc…….

trailmonkey

Errr, I wouldn’t worry about the roofing just yet. Clash flow worries……….. cough cough.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘haldon st andrew’s end’ is closed to new replies.