Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Haldon. Please clear the fallen trees
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Your user name implies some kind of logic/reasoning, please do bear this out.

How naive!

;p

toys19
    Free Member

How naive!

Well given your resorting to any number of logical fallacies, including calling me naive, you could say it was naive. I referred to your user name to appeal to your better nature.

I repeat, please do explain yourself.
    Given your plea of innocence, if one is to trust you, then I fear I may have made a mistake in accusing you of having a dual login, so I apologise for that. It’s just that the sense of what you said in your initial post leads me to that conclusion. So all I ask is an explanation, to help me understand the errors I have made in parsing your original statement.

user-removed
    Free Member

SO = Buzz. No other explanation. Not that I give a tinkers’ toss.

Northwind

This started badly, then it got worse, now it’s defying all expectations of how well it’ll end.

toys19
    Free Member

Indeed, but TBH I don’t object to dual login either, (and I have been accused of it a few times), although it is a bit of a sneaky way of doing someone down, as it would make it easy to support your own arguments…

It’s just that SO’s first statement did not make sense to me, hence I was seeking explanation.

Northwind, do you think SO=Buzz, or have I made an error?

Northwind

I think that way lies madness tbh.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Err, okay 😕

However I agree that SO’s post makes no sense except for a dual login or an inference that the comments to Buzz refers to SO in some other way only known to them. SO – Smugly hiding behind an explanation only known to yourself really makes your whole posts here utterly a waste of everyone’s time. If it’s a private matter, keep it off line as it’s of no relevance to the rest of us. Chuckle away if you like. It’s a lonely chuckle.

Meanwhile in the real world… there are trails to be ridden.

Northwind

SO’s post makes perfect sense, the “me” and “I” doesn’t refer to a previous post, it refers to the post they were in. Ta da!

Right so having explained the internet I’m off.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Could have been explained simply then without sprawling into a whole second page. Clearly, as is so often the case on the Internet, the intent was not clear at all else no one would have been confused 😉

Ho hum 😆

Cougar

I’ve reviewed this multiple-login accusation and I’m happy that they’re different people.

Del

I am perfectly capable of standing up for myself, thanks, but I treat as I find.
    Give us a shout if you’re ever around, and one or two of us’ll show you around. We’ll try and make sure things are in good shape…
    😉

Stupid.is
    Free Member

Well now the dust has settled.

Del: I am prob free Saturday with a plan to ride Sunday if you need hand clear stuff. From the data I have at my finger tips (feel free to guess where I am!) Friday looks to be 20-25 knt winds (23-28 mph) so there maybe more work created.

Russ

amedias
    Free Member

Russ, i’ll give you a call tonight but I was planning on being in the workshop on Saturday and riding Sunday, but might be able to re-jigger things if you (and Del) want some more company

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve met them both and they’re both different. At least that’s what I told myself yesterday.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Whats with all this tree clearing??
    A fallen tree is half way to a great jump!

Stupid.is
    Free Member

ndthornton: Yes that is true, not sure though on jumps on a blue graded trail? Trailer jump anyone? 😈

Del: Just replyed to your email, you should have one from my gmail account.

Del

ndt – i agree, though the two trees i’ve built stuff up to in recent months will require mandatory death from any jumpers! 😉

Russ – got you. I’ll have a chat with a few of the guys and we’ll see if we can get something going for this w/e.
    will likely ride sunday, meeting at the hub at 11, unless it’s raining frogs or something…..
    all welcome.

toys19
    Free Member

Umm unreserved apologies to scienceofficer, Northwinds explanation makes sense now, you were being rhetorical. My error. Mea Culpa.

Meanwhile I wonder what condition cafe side is in then, any reports, thinking of going for a ride tomorrow.

ontor
    Free Member

I’m game for sunday and/or sat pm…

beardo74
    Free Member

Del – I hate to resurrect this slightly miserable thread, but I’ve recently moved to the area and would be keen to volunteer/ help clear trails up at Haldon. Let me know when you are next up there and I’ll try to make it.

shamus
    Free Member

Hi all
    Thinking of getting up to Haldon Saturday or Sunday and was wondering if it was still passable or has the felling/wind wreaked havoc?

Anyone up there tomorrow who can enlighten me? Coming from Plymouth so don’t want to waste the journey.

Oh or gawton? I’ll check the woodland rider’s facebook page too.
    Thanks

ontor
    Free Member

Shamus – It’ll be a mess this morning. Will be out again fixing and building today but I imagine a lot more trails will be out of action again

Beardo74 – Drop an email over.

mduncombe
    Free Member

Haldon are pretty good with updates on Facebook

Haldon Forest Park

“The scene of devastation overnight is dramatic. I’m afraid we are CLOSED until further notice. We will keep you updated later on today after we have carried out our checks and continued the clear up operation. Haldon Rangers.”

at the end of the day, they just want to keep people safe.

thepublican
    Free Member

Popped up this lunchtime for a quick look around. Carnage-must be several thousand trees down across the whole area I imagine.

The cafe side seemed to fair worst. Every cheeky and non-cheeky trail I had a look at seemed to to have numerous trees on.

ontor
    Free Member

A number of us have spent all day working on the trails and not even nearly scratched the surface.

It’s a complete horror show up there. I very much doubt that it will be possible to string any kind of loop together up there for the foreseeable future.
    Mind you we’ll see how many people turn up on thursday to help clear the trails…

ajantom

Hi joe 😀

Gonna try and make it up to help out on Thursday – just asked SWMBO!
    Any kit I need to bring apart from waterproof, gloves and boots?

ontor
    Free Member

Tom!
    Some lunch, a drink and eternal optimism are a good idea too 😉

shamus
    Free Member

Guys thanks for the advice. If I hadn’t spent the day underneath my car I would have been up to help. I’ll have to get involved in a clearing party and do my bit at some point. I’ll get onto the Facebook page and keep an eye out! I reckon you guys need as much help as can be given at the moment!

exiger
    Free Member

FB page updated, looks a right mess with trees down everywhere.

Im sure it will get cleaned up fast but sounds like the main trails won’t be any good till mid week.

Keep an eye on the FB page for updates.

Del

we got some good stuff done today – one trail fully fixed anyway. the other we looked at was a complete bomb-site. we did what we could but big boy saws will be required, and there’s a fair bit of effort needed with those. hopeful that trails on the north side of the ridge will be mostly ok. find out tomorrow when we ride i guess. 11 @ the hub for those interested.
    if anyone is interested in helping then post up and one of us will drop you a mail. short term help is better than none at all!

carlphillips
    Free Member

Tavi woodlands was fine today.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Haldon. Please clear the fallen trees’ is closed to new replies.