Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Haldon Forest on Saturday – fancy showing us around
  • GDRS

Down Exeter way this weekend – anyone fancy showing the wife and I around on Saturday sometime.

And if there are no takers – the wife has asked the usual question ‘Singlespeed / or bouncer?’ so what’s it like?

Cheers

G

RealMan
    Free Member

Rode with two guys off here the other day. One was on a SS ht. The other guy was on a full sus. I was on a geared HT. All of us were fine, so don’t worry too much about it.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Right there as we speak. The waymarked routes are ok, but the off piste stuff is better. If you’re prepared to climb from kenn, yhen the st andrews lane descent is fan bloody tastic…. can mail you a gpx if its any use(email in profile), shame won’t be about on Saturday.

GDRS

Evil Joe

Cool will mail you tomorrow!

Still looking for a guide though if anyone is game for it.

Del

hey up. i’m one of the two RM is on about. i ride singly-bob up there, usually. mostly fire-road climbs and free-wheeling descents, and some of the off-piste stuff has mech-snagging sticks about, so for me it makes sense, but i ride with a group of a wednesday that includes all manner of esoteric machinery, so whatever you fancy, really.
    i’d be happy to take you around if you’d like.
    late morning/midday start would suit me best. can be flexible to some extent but have dogs to sort out, so let me know.
    would usually suggest starting from the Ley Arms in Kenn. hopefully the refurb will be finished by then!

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yeah, was most disappointed to find it shut this eve. Was gagging for a pint of coke after hitting 35mph going down SA lane… got to love the toy tractors as table ornaments, hope they keep them

Yeah, you should have fun, it’s dead dry and fast at the moment, though bits of the red run are breaking up…

scraprider
    Free Member

sorry for the hijack , hi joe long time no see , its darren btw.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Hi Darren!

You coming out with us anytime soon? We had 17 out last night – must be some kind of record

GDRS

Del

Ping me an email – it’s in my profile. Be great to be shown around.

Mid morning is good for us.

Cheers

G

Del

11 @ the Ley OK?

Bucko

I would love to tag along but i’m at a wedding all day on Saturday.

I can’t believe i forgot it was wednesday yesterday, i was supposed to make it 18 people! Gutted.

GDRS, do you come down here often or is this weekend a one off?

trailmonkey

i’ve a new bike to try at haldon, but won’t be there sat

eviljoe
    Free Member

Bucko,

I’m sure I should know you.. the amazing thing was of 17, 8 were women, 9 men. First almost balanced ride I’ve been on in a long while! 😀

GDRS

Del 11 is fine.

We will be the couple in our late thirties faffing about by a Renault Scenic……….

Bucko – I come down to see my folks four / five times a year. We normally ride on Exmoor (out of habit) – but want to see what else is about.

Cheers.

G

scraprider
    Free Member

hi joe.
    hoping so , had a run of bad luck , and it all got to much for me for a while ,now have good job etc etc , have been out more and more lately,

Bucko

Eviljoe, how should you know me?

carlphillips
    Free Member

was out there tonight, good and sideways after the downpour!
    sadly not up there until next friday eve, enjoy the ride.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Haldon Forest on Saturday – fancy showing us around’ is closed to new replies.