Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • haldon forest: off piste?
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

visiting there tomorrow with some mates and was wondering if there’s anything else apart from the official red/blue trails that are worth looking out for?

or any links to mapping for them?

amedias
    Free Member

yes lots, no maps that I know of, it’s all very rat-run stylee…

look for the entries and exits off the main trails and you should find some of it, linking it all together in an interesting way is the challenge 😉

Could possibly show you around tomorrow – what time are you heading up?

singlespeedstu

Yep there’s some local stuff there.
    I was lucky enough to get shown round by some of the pixies that built it.

It was sik.

There’s also a few local built DH trails nearby too.

nacho
    Free Member

I haven’t been up there for a while and some of it is rubbish when wet so depends on current conditions. No mapping, basically you’ll need to ask locals or watch for the little trails cut into the woods around the blue and red runs. There is some nice stuff if you can find it. There are also some big gap jumps over the cafe side but they are hidden in the woods a couple of miles down the road, you’ll need to ask locals for directions

Zoolander
    Free Member

We’ll find them Millhouse!
    It’s going to be Radcore McGnarr !
    You should be fine on gap jumps on Daves flying machine too!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Amedias, planning to get there for ten. If you’re about its always good to get some local knowledge!

amedias
    Free Member

I’ll be up there with a few other regulars from 9, very mixed ability group, you’re welcome to tag along and can show you around no probs.

We can swing back by the car park if you want to meet up drop me an email with a mobile number, or just hang around the the dark red ropey looking Toyota Hilux held together with gaffa tape at about 10ish.

Matt

carlphillips
    Free Member

if its anything like cann was this evening it’ll be slidetastic mudfest!
    enjoy, i love haldon cheeky…

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Hi Matt, had a scout around the carpark when we got there but couldn’t see a hilux.

Had a blast, red twice and flowy blue bit several times…

Hope you had a good day too!

amedias
    Free Member

oh well, we we there waiting at 10 for you, hard to miss a big red hilux 😛

Del

I was lucky enough to get shown round by some of the pixies that built it.

those guys are idiots.

post up with a bit more notice next time, we’ll get it sorted. 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

I managed to find a fair bit looking for any potential entrances along the usual trails and some stuff off from the back of the car park. Something up the top of a hill with some nice off camber stuff too but couldn’t remember how I found it last time.

The official stuff – The red is okay for half an hour’s gentle spin and a fireroad climb. The “black” is laughable. Yes it’s more rocky and not exactly for beginners, but to call it black is nuts. Look out nearby though for some more interesting bits. Just such a shame all the old stuff with the helter etc went. I never got a chance to ride that 🙁

Worth chucking in the blue or do bits of it and hook up the unofficial bits if you can find them, or at least that’s what I try to do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘haldon forest: off piste?’ is closed to new replies.