Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Haircut poll for the men. Crew cut or other ?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There you go don simon – I bet mintimperial’s mate 60+ stepdad doesn’t like a **** at all, with his grey mohican.

donsimon
    Free Member

I bet mintimperial’s mate 60+ stepdad doesn’t like a **** at all,

Who you calling a ****?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

2 & 4 now, did spend a while having a 1 & 2 cut when radiotherapy had caused quite bizzarre but expected bald patches either side & to the back of my head.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

compare & contrast…

I see yer point there, John….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Who you calling a ****?

Not you mate ……………I would never call a 45 year old with a mohican a **** – they would be waaay too hard for me.

donsimon
    Free Member

You’ve actually given me the confidence to go for it ernie. I cut to Nº1 yesterday so it’ll take a few weeks to get to a good length for cutting.
    Should I go for a facial/neck tattoo aswell?

molgrips
    Free Member

Crew cut seems to be the only thing for balding men. Which is many of us.

mintimperial

I bet mintimperial’s mate 60+ stepdad doesn’t like a **** at all, with his grey mohican.

To be fair, he doesn’t look much more daft to me than all the other similarly aged giffers pootling about in their hideously coloured golf jumpers with trousers pulled up to their chests. Old-person fashion is rather alarming, crazy hairdo or no…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Should I go for a facial/neck tattoo aswell?

yes and it should obviously say [in a few languages obviously you can never be to PC]
    Who you calling a ****?

donsimon
    Free Member

Speak for youself, full head of hair an shaven out of choice. 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

No problem with balding here.

In fact my hair is still really quite thick and wiry with a Yugoslavian war criminal wave to it if I were to grow it long…

Think similar to this chap

cinnamon_girl

Guys – embrace your hair, celebrate it, cos you’re worth it! There will come a time when it really has to go but hang on to it for as long as you can.

I do however think ponytails on over 60’s look a little silly. 🙄

My curls have well and truly been embraced although sometimes I look as though I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Look at TJ – he has a brilliant head of hair. 8)

Edit: Ernie – I seem to remember you having a good covering!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Edit: Ernie – I seem to remember you having a good covering!

Yeah, but just on my head…………..I’m not a bleedin’ yeti 😐

Actually I had it cut a couple of days ago……. I got the ‘Bob Geldof lookalike’ comment a couple of weeks back.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

OI! Clock nose what the fudge is wrong with Yetis, eh?!

cinnamon_girl

ernie – nowt wrong with BobG hair!

TSY – was in your favourite store today, some bottled beers with 20% off. 8) Just indulging now. 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was there today too!
    Couple of ciders and now onto a nice bottle of red.
    I’m obsessed with the Bury black pudding from the deli counter at the minute, looking forward to breakie already. I was mad about something a minute ago, what was it…

jonnyrobertson

Blade zero once a week with me own clippers. No need for any early morning faffing about, no need for any styling gunk so it feels cleaner and fresher but I mainly like it as it means I don’t have to look at me fizzer in the mirror as I preen (this is a good thing).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Right, I’ve decided. I’m going to do it. I’m going to have a Travis Bickle hair do. I may never get another chance! 😀

Don Simon; are you in too?

Actually, I feel a Bullheart fundraising idea coming up here….

cinnamon_girl

Black pudding? O M G! Does iDave know about this??

Just supping London Pride. 8)

cinnamon_girl

Lech Walesa has a magnificent head of hair!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C_G.. I’m not on the iDave diet!! If I was I’m almost certain that black pudding would be on it, it’s a super food!!

*wishes had bought beer now*

I bought wine from the special section where they have them displayed all nice and that… la di da!

donsimon
    Free Member

Don Simon; are you in too?

No worries and Mike Tyson facial tattoo too.

Just to clarify, when I said crew cut, I meant a grade 1 or 2 done with clippers rather than a hair cut with scissors and comb.

Anyway, regarding the mohican at 45, I’m not sure exactly when this was taken, but I reckon I was over 40 at the time.

cxi
    Free Member

Blimey, James Nesbitt posts on STW.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Mine’s about half way down my back or my chest depending on where you are stood,and makes a great scarf for winter. What’s that count as?

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

“I’m almost certain that black pudding would be on it, it’s a super food!!”

It’s technically a vegetable, and thus counts as one of your five a day.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Grade 2 all over for the summer. Keep the top a bit longer over the winter, but still needs regular maintenance as my hair goes a bit er bouffant if I let it grow. I have photos of me with long hair as a student where I look like a Crufts semi finalist.

Re earlier posts on flat tops – does anyone remember the combs that they used to use to cut them. They were kind of like an oversize afro comb with a built in spirit level…. I kid you not!

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

Standard issue honking posho floppy hair here I’m afraid…

spooky_b329

Mine started as a French Crop about 10 years ago, three barbers later and I think its pretty much the same style 🙂

Just done a Google to see what a French Crop is meant to look like and it appears I share George Clooneys taste in hairstyles…

KT1973
    Free Member

suedehead

ahwiles
    Free Member

grade 1 all over – apart from the bits where i wish i could grow it that long.

“baldness is natures way of stopping men from having any more crap haircuts”

in my case, this is/was devastatingly true.

MrOvershoot

ernie_lynch – Member

Not sure what a crew cut is.

It’s a pretty dated term which really only refers to the US sailor style whereby the hair was cut to create a “flat top” as is this case :

Not something you see very much these days, although it was popular during the period when the mods made the transition to skinheads.

That’s pretty much me only I have darker hair, had the same style since 1982 !!

duntmatter
    Free Member

Haven’t cut mine since October 2008.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Haircut poll for the men. Crew cut or other ?’ is closed to new replies.