• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by JAG.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hail Satan ? Documentary worth a watch – also may have spoilers
  • hels
    Free Member

Has anybody seen this – what did you think ? I found it very interesting and have to admit to being tempted to join. Which is ironic. Which is kinda what they intended I think.

I can’t decide if it is for real or a staged documentary.

If there was a religion designed to drawn me in they have nailed it frankly – the good grooming and black clothing, articulate and intelligent leaders, tolerance in their initial pitch, massive dose of dry humour and irony.

They kicked a chapter out for being “too satany” and not following the rules also very ironic and cool.

Although the idea of joining a religion (real or made up – does it matter?) whose platform is that they are against organised religions (I know, I am paraphrasing – it is early) is just too cute!!

hels
    Free Member

P.S check out their online gift shop – again, hilarious.

xora

One thing to note is since the documentary their organisation collapsed when they hired an alt-right guy as their lawyer. A lot of the chapters were very unhappy and split!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

The burning in hell and the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever put me right off!
    i’ll stick with my bible thanks 😉

hels
    Free Member

Indeed – I am being tempted by the Devil – the irony unfolds on itself.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Although the idea of joining a religion (real or made up – does it matter?)

They’re all made up.

kimbers

Their twitter feed is very amusing

hels
    Free Member

That was my point 5thElephant – and who can’t agree with a religious tenet about only believing if the science confirms it?

zilog6128

i’ll stick with my bible thanks

Satan was actually the hero in the old testament. Without him giving mankind the gift of free will, we’d all be living as slaves/pets still. Then God got pissy and started acting like a **** to everyone. When the final battle comes I know what side I’ll be on 👹 🔥🔥🔥

Cougar

I’m still torn over whether to become a Jedi or a Pastafarian.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’d be interested if they can summon him so he appears and put it on YouTube.

I see there is going to be a film about Pastafarianism as well.

prettygreenparrot

What’s it on?

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>I thought at first this was about Sabrina on Netflix.</span>

sas78

The satanic Bible by Anton lavey is fascinating. Ignore the last half with the spells and it’s pretty much a philosophy I could get by with. Satanism isn’t worship of the devil, it’s recognising your desires and acting on them without giving a shit about how people judge you.

Judgy “Christian” people (we all know a few) could learn a lot from reading and pondering the Satanic Bible.

Will have a butchers at that film. Thanks OP.

Cougar

Satanism isn’t worship of the devil, it’s recognising your desires and acting on them without giving a shit about how people judge you.

Isn’t that “hedonism”?

CountZero

Lucifer, or Light-giver, was, after all, an angel.

RobHilton
    Free Member

null

RobHilton
    Free Member

This is more like it, though

hels
    Free Member

I saw it on the Curzon service on my fire stick, they are a distributor of arthouse films, the app is free you pay per film. It is a good thing to have if you like world cinema. Edit: Amazon has it too.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

I thought it was great, also liked the way that they excommunicated someone for threatening violence.

The basic inspiration for their existence seems to be to try to keep church and state separate in the USA. The focus of their tenets seems to be more concerned with not harming others rather than pure hedonism.

I’ll be disappointed if they’ve gone even partly alt right, but gratified if they’ve had a schism over it.
    Every good religion needs a schism early on (think sandal and gourd) or they’re probably not taking it seriously enough.

In my opinion, they’re doing gods work :O)

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Subscriber
    Satanism isn’t worship of the devil, it’s recognising your desires and acting on them without giving a shit about how people judge you.

Isn’t that “hedonism”

AKA Savillesm

JAG

their existence seems to be to try to keep church and state separate in the USA

In the UK this function is performed by the National Secular Society

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hail Satan ? Documentary worth a watch – also may have spoilers’ is closed to new replies.