• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Had to say goodbye to this little one yesterday :-(
  • surfer
    Free Member

IMG-20191006-WA0000<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

She was 14 but had a number of ailments and was clearly feeling pain on Saturday evening. Daughter dashed home from Uni and We took her to the vets Sunday morning. She gave her some pain killers and we hoped to have her for a little longer (this picture was taken driving back from the Vets)
    Unfortunately she reacted badly and experienced a bleed. We didnt want to prolong her pain so we decided to have her put down. We are all heartbroken.

She was deaf and almost blind and woke me up almost every night protecting us from phantom burglars, never thought I would miss that.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Can’t say anything that will help you right now but all the good times do outweigh how you’re feeling right now.

dannybgoode

So sorry. Been there a few times and it is always horrible. At least you have 14 years to look back on.

anagallis_arvensis

The right thing done, hope I can do the same for my dog one day.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks Onzadog. Yesterday was grim but had a busy day today which was a distraction. Really feeling low now. The little buggers really get to you.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sad day…. try to think of the great times you all had and think that she’s resting now after years of great fun with you.

🥴🤗🤗😎

surfer
    Free Member

You know what AA although it was heartbreaking that bit hasnt tore me up to much. She had so many ailments (none of which caused her pain until this weekend) and we made the decision with the vet (who advised us it was the best thing) I think burying her in the rain when she just seemed to be sleeping, was awful.

Wookster

Oh mate, I’m so sorry for your loss. We lost our chap earlier this year, all I can say is that the sadness does finally go and the gorgeous happy memories stay. Take care all of you.

Sandwich

This, just this.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, I knew you would make me feel a bit better

kayak23

Really sorry for you all dude. We just lost our 15 year old Labradoodle 4 weeks ago. Heartbreaking.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Just remember that its completely genuine to grieve over a pet.

I lost one of mine a few months back and it really hurt.

People who say “it’s just a dog” really don’t understand how much part of the family they really are.

As others have said, think of the good times, although I still miss mine everyday.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Man I feel your pain, we put our Miniature Schnauzer Pip to sleep four months ago, I sobbed my heart out for weeks still have the odd moment. I used to joke she was semi feral a proper character. Remember the good times and give another best friend a good home in the not too distant future.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that surfer. She was part of your family so it will take a while for the hole she’s left to get smaller. I’m sure she had a great life with you.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bugger. Sorry to hear that mate. The little bastards get you d9nt they?

IMG_0816

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Just think of the privilege, fun and honour it was to be allowed to look after that best friend.

bruneep

Oh sorry to hear of your loss.

Had a wee scare last month when Archie (14) had an overnight stay at the doggy hospital due to sickness and dehydration. they shaved his leg a week after his cut…ho hum
    null

@eddiebaby
    is dog really 18?

SaxonRider

I’m sorry. He looks like he was a lovely dog. 🙁

nickc

Sorry to hear that surfer, they have a habit of working their way into your lives the little buggers.

It gets easier to bear, but you never forget

jamj1974

Sorry to hear that. The love of a good friend – in whatever form they come in, it’s hard to say goodbye to that.  Thinking of you and yours.

dovebiker

We’ve had to go through it 3 times and we miss them all dearly, but we have 2 happy hounds and can’t imagine living without a dog or two around the house. The heartache lasts for a few weeks, but the great memories will be with you for your lifetime.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

Tom-B
    Free Member

So sorry to read this. My chap is only 18 months…. already makes me feel sick even thinking about having to say goodbye to him. They really are the best aren’t they.

IHN

Yeah, that’s rough chap, condolences. We had Nelson, our 17 year old mongrel, put down about this time last year. It was horrible, I’ll happily admit that I sobbed uncontrollably in the vets. But it was the right thing; he was old, arthritic and basically knackered. What we did was a kindness, and what you’ve done is the same.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Had to say goodbye to this little one yesterday :-(’ is closed to new replies.