Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Had a lovely Christmas with your family?
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’m fed up with reading about those of you with rellies you don’t get on with, although I do sympathise!
    I had a lovely time with my very aged parents, my son came over for Christmas Day, and he did all the washing up after I’d done all the cooking – my Mum and Dad loved it, and so did I! I did miss my daughter – she decided she had to go to her boyfriends parents this year, but fair enough.
    So who else has had a lovely Christmas?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why not ?

Klunk
    Free Member

our son came for christmas diner with his girlfriend. Drank my wine, beer and brandy. Ate my food, didn’t do the washing up and buggered off. It was still nice though.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

No.
    Well, bugger off to the other thread then 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

It’s been great so far.

Just the wife, children and I yesterday and seeing the in-laws today.

Everything is quite chilled. Only complaint is the children’s lack of sleep, but you can’t have everything 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Yesterday was Christmas day #1: great day with Mrs iDave and her kids, her mum and her mum’s bloke. All good stuff.
    Today Christmas day #2: great day with my kids and the best roast dinner I’ve ever cooked. Stuffed. Off for a night run soon.

MoreCashThanDash

Been lovely – my folks came Xmas Eve and went home this morning after we’d all had fun watching the kids open/play/wreck their presents.

Wednesday we are off to the outlaws for 5 nights. They were hear a couple of weeks ago for 5 nights with us. I’ll report on that back on the other thread……

RustyMac

Had a cracking christmas,

24th – Celebrating for my Slovac girlfriend with my mum sister and my oldest friend, cooked an awesome meal of roasted whole salmon in a hone, mustard and dill sauce and a good few bottles of wine.

25th – Celebrating with my mum, sister, girlfriend, aunt, uncle, 2 cousins and partners and my nana, Santa was very generous and some more amazing food (turkey and all the trimmings) then to top it off

26th – Best described as a family gathering, 36 people decended on my mums house for a buffet lunch, 3 generations of famalies all having a great time enjoying some more top notch grub and some beers and wine.

Christmas this year has been fantastic.

emma82
    Free Member

I had a lovely Christmas 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Going to tomorrow, or there will be hell to pay.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup thanks for asking..

Just chilling out now after two days of cooking and playing host..

It’s safe to say I’m rather pooped…

emsz
    Free Member

Yep, even last night at the gf’s weirdo family wasn’t that bad if I’m honest. mum and dad were great as normal, saw auntie Jean for the first time in ages (she lives in scotland) pervy brov was cool, got brekkie in bed from gf, today has been chilled, Chris has just got back from his parents, so we’re off to the pub in a bit.

lush :mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All round marvelous for me! 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Woppit shares something in common with elfinshaftie” shocker… 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You’ve discovered that you’re both a pair of miserable gits Woppit ?

Try going to church next Christmas……..see if that gets you in a Christmassy mood 💡

GrahamS

Lovely here too. Little one just old enough to understand (20 months) and nice time with outlaws visiting.
    Off soon for Chrimbo 2 up north with my sister and her newborn. Then Hogmanay with old friends.

Love this time of year. 😀

clubber
    Free Member

Great here too. up at 7 to open pressies with very excited 3.5 yr old then off to Sister and Brother-in-laws for great Xmas lunch and cheese for dinner. Stayed the night then back home this morning. Took my son out on the new Bristol trails this afternoon on his balance bike which he loved. Especially the bit where I told him it was fine to get muddy which he did rather well…

Parents-in-laws over tomorrow so more festive celebrations.

As it should be really.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

No darling, but I’ve long since discovered that you’re a humourless bag of wind. Happy New Year.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I had a great xmas, my baby boy was out of hospital day before xmas eve which was brilliant after 5 days of worry and xmas day being his first birthday, it all turned out well in the end 🙂

Also a highlight for me was seeing my middle lad of 8 genuinely nearly cry when he opened his Xbox, he is a really considerate lad that wears his heart on his sleeve.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

you’re a humourless bag of wind

You sound right miserable. The Christmas magic obviously isn’t working on you. Remember, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings – that’s magic that is.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I don’t celebrate Christmas cos I’m not a Christian, so don’t have any of that ‘special day’ stuff. Din’t know it was compulsory.

I’m reasonably cheerful most of the time. Don’t get all this ‘ooh let’s be nice to each other for one day of the year’ malarky…

yossarian
    Free Member

Had a great time. Made the effort to get on with difficult rellies and guess what? Yup, they responded so it’s all been good. Nice pressies, nice food and no nonsense.

Not really a Christian, but am a northern European so very into the real reason for a midwinter knees up.

Off for a long walk in the woods tomoz with assorted family, should round off a great couple of days.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Din’t know it was compulsory.

Well luckily it isn’t.

Nor is posting on a thread dealing with a subject which you feel touchy about and don’t want to talk about.

dab

Really good this year as we had loads of friends round Xmas eve
    Then a great family dinner ( roast venison) Mmmm

Pressies were an added bonus

Vortexracing

Quiet and really relaxing this year, just me the mrs and 2 kids (plus dog).

Looking fwd to doing sod all for therest of the week and trying to get out riding once per day.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes thanks.

Greasy spoon first thing in Christmas Eve with my best man and his family.

Christmas Day at my mum’s – church, lunch and a good walk – pretty quiet but very relaxing.

At the in-laws today, who are lovely. Seen my brand new neice and some more visiting tomorrow.

It’s been lovely.

Merry Christmas.

Hadge
    Free Member

We I’d say yes as my kids have been great (15 year old daughter and 17 year old son) as I split up with my fiance a week ago so my heads been in the shed to be honest. My friends and family have all done their best keep my chin up and it’s been really nice but Christmas morning with the kids meant an awful lot to me this year 🙁

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Been really rather pleasant round chateau gtth too, thanks. 🙂 Ma & Pa here, some nice long walks in the hills, top grub c/o Lady gtth, out on the bike each day inc Christmas Eve and no work ’til Tuesday. Very grateful.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’ve had a lovely time, thanks for asking 😉

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Having a great time at my sisters. We always used to go to mums for crimbo but since she passed away sis has taken over the ” matriarch ” roll and very good at it she is. The food she lays on for everyone is fit for a king and the home is always open for all. My wife could never understand what the fuss was all about with regard to Christmas and after spending our first crimbo together with her parents I know why. The following year she spent it with my family and the subsequent years ever since.

cookeaa

I don’t really see the need for all the “I’ve had a great/shite christmas” cock waving…..

Nobody here really cares about anyone elses christmas. And neither should they…

Mines been very nice I won’t bore you with the details and I don’t really care about yours.

happy christmas/new year etc…

takisawa2

Yes, me, the mrs & two boys, aged 4 & 6. Day at home, opening pressies & enjoying watching the boys have a great time. Can’t imagine what it must be like to not celebrate Christmas. Even when times have been bad I’ve made an effort. Must be great being an atheist martyr and all that.

Pickers

We’ve had a great few days here, my Dad’s been with us since Xmas eve.
    He’s 81 and thrashed us on the Wii yesterday. Git. 🙂
    Lost my mum 6 years ago tomorrow so the time we spend with him is quite important to me.

nonk
    Free Member

I don’t really see the need for all the “I’ve had a great/shite christmas” cock waving….

and yet here you are and you tell us anyway. 😆

KennySenior
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member

I don’t really see the need for all the “I’ve had a great/shite christmas” cock waving…..

…Mines been very nice…

grantway
    Free Member

Try going to church next Christmas.

Tried that once for a Midnight Mass the high light of the evening was when the
    Vicar said to us in a freezing church and said.
    Does anyone know whats it like to be in a sinking ship.!

I looked at me Mrs and counted about ten other persons including ourselves in a
    freezing church and said to my Mrs I didn’t until now

thegreatape
    Free Member

Further to my previous post, I have just won at Scrabble, the highlight being using all my tiles on a triple word score, for 77.

My daughter was livid.

grantway
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Well, I don’t celebrate Christmas cos I’m not a Christian, so don’t have any of that ‘special day’ stuff. Din’t know it was compulsory.

I’m reasonably cheerful most of the time. Don’t get all this ‘ooh let’s be nice to each other for one day of the year’ malarky…

Samaritans may be a good place for you Fella
    Before I find you jumping from the top of Belfon Towers

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

No I’m ok Grantway, thanks for the concern.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Had a lovely Christmas with your family?’ is closed to new replies.