Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Had a long weekend in Cairngorms and Torridon and…
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

…I have to say I’m mightily impressed. Granted, we were very lucky with the weather and it could have been a very different experience in wet, fog and cold, but I can confidently say it was the best riding I’ve done in the UK ever.

We did a route in the Cairngorms which was a point-to-point taking us into the middle of nowhere before a dramatic singletrack descent down Glen Tilt, followed by a there-and-back below Bealach na Ba to Applecross from Kenmore. That was sublime singletrack with some tremendous views. Proper grin-inducing riding.

The final day saw a loop into the mountains south of Glen Torridon before a stunning descent to Annat that is up there with the best I’ve done in the Sierra Nevada.

Highly, highly recommended. Loads of pics to go through but here’s a taster

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HH3oGF]Annat descent in Torridon[/url] by stilltortoise, on Flickr

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Was expecting a better response to this thread 😆
    </disappointed>

mintimperial

Everyone’s jealous. 😉

I’m heading up to Fort Bill this weekend, and currently making plans to head home via Torridon somehow, given the forecast. Can’t wait.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Was expecting a better response to this thread
    </disappointed>

Been.
    Sorry.

fizzer
    Free Member

Think we may have met you in Blair Atholl on Friday morning we were just setting off to Tomintoul.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Four of us getting a lift up to the bottom of Glen Feshie to ride back to Blair Athol.

Enjoy your ride?

opusone
    Free Member

Torridon is my most favourite ride evar, and I did it with slate grey cloud sitting at 500m interspersed with the occasional downpour. Well jealous of your weather. I’m booked to go up with my brother at the end of August. Hoping I’ll get something vaguely approaching what it’s been recently.

fizzer
    Free Member

Yes that was you. Yes fantastic riding both days Saturday’s return leg best day on a bike ever.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Had a long weekend in Cairngorms and Torridon and…’ is closed to new replies.