Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Handlebars and there shape & sq lab.
  • batman11
    Free Member

So having had 2 operations on tendons this year in my wrists! and issues for the whole year before. Handle bar fit has come up a fair bit for me. Went back to Easton my go to years ago and no good! Spank vibrocore, while the foam really does work amazingly well at damping sadly after a couple of months the shape didn’t sit well again. So now I’m on production privee bars and grips seem ok but time will tell I guess. So the point of this question has anyone tried the SQ lag 30X 16 handle bars? with the 16deg backsweep they look interesting just really want to get comfy again and not have to suffer with pain and discomfort for the next 24hrs after an hours ride ( all I can manger for the most part) a couple of times a week

cheers guys bats
    <h1></h1>

chipster

I’ve not tried the SQLabs, but the Stooge Moto bars on my Solaris are wide, swept and suit my old wrists.

Moto bar

scotroutes

I’ve been looking at swept bar options to relieve wrist pain too. I have a couple of bikes with Jones Loops which work well for me so thinking of something less extreme for my FS. SQLab in 12 degree, or Syntace.

davosaurusrex

I’ve got the SQlab 12 degrees,  you can have a borrow if you want bats as I’m still off the bike. I find a more swept position the thing that has more benefit than anything else with knackered wrists (although mine aren’t as bad as yours,  was talking to your Dad about it in the pub last week). If Spank made a Vibrocore with more sweep I’d be all over it.

Also have you seen the revgrips? Mega money but seem to be worth it to some

http://www.flowriderracing.com/products/produkt-kategorie/parts/revgrips/

You also need to consider stem length with the added backsweep. I found with the 12s the mid point of the end of the bars was 10mm behind the centre of the steerer and the front kept wanting to fold in fast turns. Changed to a 45 which is in line and it’s better, got a 50mm coming to push it slightly in front of steerer centre so will see how that goes

scotroutes

Ah – good info. I need to order a stem anyway as my current bars are 35mm. What total stem length increase will you end up with?

davosaurusrex

Depends on a few things including how you angle the bars in the stem clamp but for 12 degrees compared to a more standard 8 or 9 in the region of 10-15mm longer stem. This is for 780mm bars and I have Ergon grips which I think make them more like 790, obviously with narrower bars the difference will be less

batman11
    Free Member

Cheers dave I will defo take you up on the loan for a couple of rides if that’s ok. Same as you stem wise 40/50mm stem as an average so it should be ok.

The other thing I’ve sort of noticed or been thinking,  is the longer reach bikes I’ve got! 495/510 mm respective!  both with 50mm stems  so at best I could knock 15mm of that with a stem

it seems due to that that I just can’t load up the forks due to the issues and I’m only using about 50/60% of the forks travel so that’s starts to fatigue them quit a bit after an hours riding. Even down here in shandy drinking central southdowns terrains 😜.

Taken a bit of a risk and sourced a frame reasonably cheep with 470mm reach which is what I was riding reach wise 2 years ago and felt fine on. So guess I’ll see tomorrow how that works out.

davosaurusrex

Thinking you might the 470 a bit short with the bars with more sweep. One way to find out though. Will pm you now

Creaky

Here’s a link to a thread from a couple of weeks back including my experience of SQ Labs bars

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sq-labs-anyone-using-their-kit/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Handlebars and there shape & sq lab.’ is closed to new replies.